I need workflow suggestions

Larry Wing

With v12 there now seems to be a number of ways to do research and saving information.  I'd be interested in your workflow for a basic topic or word study. Do you use stacks or notes, or papers, or reference lists, or??

Say you wanted to do a study on "Pray" (flex search) and wanted to start in the New Testament with further study from commentaries, notes, etc.  What would your procedure be and how would you capture the information for further review and study?

Thanks for the suggestions....

Stacks looks like a game changer for me. (Never got on with accordance notes.)

In the past i always cut and pasted into either apple notes (syncs on mobile and mbp) or apple pages as can use on all or word when just working on mbp as i always prepare services in word.

I suspect it will depend if i move from primary research on iOS as currently typically use mbp when doing detailed analysis only.

Will also depend if stacks become readable on iOS. Still playing with XII as never really used info pane in 11 but the enhancements to info pane are also really encouraging.

The ipad is never out of reach, great for jotting notes and reading and just sooooooo portable.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

You've brought up an important point - syncing. While I don't sync much with my iPad I do between my Macbook Air and Windows Desktop.  I know one down-side to Reference lists is that they don't automatically sync to Dropbox.

The other tool i used to use when i had a windows box was evernote which also worked with ios.

Can user notes be linked to a specific Greek or Hebrew word, or is it just linked to a verse reference?  If I did a word study on a specific Greek or hebrew word lemma, it would be great to view it if I clicked on the Greek or Hebrew word in the original text to see what I have written on that word.

You an link notes to tools. Try creating a user note in your greek and hebrew dictionaries so when you clicked on a word in the verse you would be able to see your note in the dictionary. Obviously it needs to be a good dictionary and default one. Select the word in the dictionary and click the pencil icon.

In the training manual there is some good stuff, this is covered on page 38.

http://www.accordancefiles1.com/products/Accordance11Manual-print.pdf

Edited by ukfraser