Upgrade pricing—possible anomalies.

Ιακοβ

I was browsing some collections and noticed a few problems.

One package looked quite expensive for one that I already owned everything within it. I added the sub modules to illustrate I do already own them:

post-33292-0-57507400-1478570223_thumb.png

And even when I take them out, the total doesn't come out right:

post-33292-0-67984900-1478570253_thumb.png

Edited by Ιακοβ

Nope, it was broken even when I simply added the first collection (that has those three items).  I only added the three items later for the purposes of the screenshot (to show I already owned them).

Please try emptying your cart, logging out, emtying the cart (if still has items) and logging back in. Still get the problem?

So I emptied my cart, signed in, checked out the price of the graphics discoverer.  The first time I did this, I got an upgrade price of $83.   Later, wanted to check the price again, so I emptied the cart, and got an upgrade price of $102.  

This is very confusing.   I tried a third time, $102 comes out again.    So which one is the real price??

If you complete the order and leave a note, we'll get back to you to confirm the price before charging your card.

Forgive me for piggy backing onto this thread. 

I went to look into the upgrade to XII and got completely lost.

I already have the Essential Collection XI with a few add-ons.

If I want to upgrade to XII but pretty much keep the level I have, what would be the recommended choice?

Hello Crossnote 

Then you have only to buy the Starter.

Greetings

Fabian

Hello Crossnote 

Then you have only to buy the Starter.

Greetings

Fabian

Thanks, and how does the Starter upgrade differ from the Custom Upgrade on the Collections? Should I upgrade my Essential Collection set with it's additions?

I'm not really sure but I believe earlier it came new modules with the Starter. Now the Starter has for you (Essential)  only the XII engine. So no additional content. But they came with 11.1 and maybe with 12.1 too. 

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

The upgrade to Acc11 Starter did, in fact, contain new modules. The Coll12 Starter contains the same modules as Coll11 Starter. So users who upgrade from 11 by purchasing Coll12-Starter will get the new engine but no new modules. Users who upgrade from 10 or earlier will get the new modules that were added in Acc11.

So upgrading from Essential (I assume 11) to Coll12 Starter, will upgrade your engine from Acc11 to Acc12 but will add no new modules. If you use the Collection Comparison, you may find a different Collection that contains modules that you would like to add as you upgrade to a new Collection. Going that route would give you the option of seeing the Custom Upgrade pricing on each Collection.

• Like 1

i don't think that the upgrade pricing is correct, as it's adding modules i already own.

• Like 1

The upgrade to Acc11 Starter did, in fact, contain new modules. The Coll12 Starter contains the same modules as Coll11 Starter. So users who upgrade from 11 by purchasing Coll12-Starter will get the new engine but no new modules. Users who upgrade from 10 or earlier will get the new modules that were added in Acc11.

So upgrading from Essential (I assume 11) to Coll12 Starter, will upgrade your engine from Acc11 to Acc12 but will add no new modules. If you use the Collection Comparison, you may find a different Collection that contains modules that you would like to add as you upgrade to a new Collection. Going that route would give you the option of seeing the Custom Upgrade pricing on each Collection.

Ok, I looked at a couple of those Collections and it seems like the Greek and Hebrew Discoverer XII will be a slight bump up with a few new modules. If I were to choose that I wouldn't be losing any of the ones I already have would I?

Edited by crossnote

You never loose any module which you have bought. Even those which are not selling anymore.

Yes the Greek and Hebrew Discoverer is a great package.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

i don't think that the upgrade pricing is correct, as it's adding modules i already own.

At the moment ALL upgrades would be checked by hand. So you have to wait a little bit till all is checked before you can download. But you can be sure you only pay for what you didn't own now.

Greetings

Fabian

Ooops.The price jumped from $110 for the upgrade (when I posted last) to  $399 just now and I was signed in both times.

Ooops.The price jumped from $110 for the upgrade (when I posted last) to  $399 just now and I was signed in both times.

Are you sure you was logged in the last time? 

This is the cost of the full package, not the one from the custom upgrade. So don't worry and log first in. If you take a webinar you get also 15% off upon the custom upgrade = 93.5$ for you.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

I've just noticed that I get exactly the same upgrade price for either Triple bundle as I get for upgrading the English, Greek & Hebrew and Graphics bundles individually - is that meant to be the case? I thought buying the Triple bundle was meant to provide an additional discount?

Edited by jmc1982

I have Acc 11.2.4. When I try to purchase "Upgrade from Accordance 11 to Collection 12 Starter", I see this message in my cart:  

"In order to use this product, you must own Accordance v.12 or higher. Please add the latest version of Accordance to your cart or purchase any collection which includes the base Accordance program v.12 or higher. If you are certain you own Accordance v.12 and you opt to continue, this order will be reviewed manually."

But I thought the point of this Upgrade was that I don't already own Accordance v.12? Do I have the wrong product?

I've just noticed that I get exactly the same upgrade price for either Triple bundle as I get for upgrading the English, Greek & Hebrew and Graphics bundles individually - is that meant to be the case? I thought buying the Triple bundle was meant to provide an additional discount?

Check it self, but I found with the triple you get one for free than you purchase it individual. So 100$ saved.

And with the Discoverer the triple is 100$ cheaper than to purchase individual. Also 100$ saved.

Greetings

Fabian

I have Acc 11.2.4. When I try to purchase "Upgrade from Accordance 11 to Collection 12 Starter", I see this message in my cart:  

"In order to use this product, you must own Accordance v.12 or higher. Please add the latest version of Accordance to your cart or purchase any collection which includes the base Accordance program v.12 or higher. If you are certain you own Accordance v.12 and you opt to continue, this order will be reviewed manually."

But I thought the point of this Upgrade was that I don't already own Accordance v.12? Do I have the wrong product?

Yes this is confused. But its a general message. Which is most true except for your case.

So the important thing is, it will be processed manually. Don't hesitate it's all o.k. So you have only to pay for the upgrade from 11 to 12.

Greetings

Fabian

Check it self, but I found with the triple you get one for free than you purchase it individual. So 100$ saved.

And with the Discoverer the triple is 100$ cheaper than to purchase individual. Also 100$ saved.

Greetings

Fabian

Hi Fabian,

I see the price difference for first time purchases, but my upgrade price is exactly the same. That's what I was questioning - apologies if I wasn't clear. I'd have thought that the same 10-20% discount (depending on upgrade level) should carry through.

Edited by jmc1982

So take the triple combo, you get the most. Once Helen or Accordance mentioned, that you get with the triple combo 3 for 2. And for the learner this is correct. Even for the custom upgrade.

Greetings

Fabian

So take the triple combo, you get the most. Once Helen or Accordance mentioned, that you get with the triple combo 3 for 2. And for the learner this is correct. Even for the custom upgrade.

Greetings

Fabian

But that's my point - the page is showing the same custom upgrade price for me for the triple combo as it shows for the three collections it's made up of. It's not showing any additional discount for buying the triple combo.

I see it now. 

Yes this is also in my case too. All 3 together have the same price as the triple combo in the same level. 

So no discount by purchase the triple combo as custom upgrade. Sorry I did't realize this before.

There was also other anomalies: By purchase the cost of my Triple was 1/3 cheaper than now it is in the pro forma bill. Hopefully OakTree will find the bug to kill it. So I do only have to pay what fist came up to pay.

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian