Windows and font smoothing in Accordance

Jon Glass

I've been a long-time Mac and Accordance user, and thought I pretty much knew my way around things, but my recent purchase of a Surface Pro 4 has changed things. It's taken me a while, but I think I finally have fonts looking more like on my Mac--font smoothing, etc. but Accordance 10 has me stumped. Below a screen shot selection, comparing Accordance with another Bible app (BibleTime if anyone is curious). The other app clearly shows the effects of font smoothing on this super-high resolution screen, which only makes (to my eyes) Accordance's lack all the more stark. Am I blind and just can't find the font-smoothing option for Accordance 10? Does Acc. 11 fix this, or will 12? 

(also, noticing this large attachment, I see that the menus in Accordance have font smoothing, just not the texts themselves...)

(I also notice that in the reduced-size view that the preview view is giving me, the difference is less obvious. It really should be viewed as large as possible to see the difference. Although I hope the slight blurriness is visible)

Is there any solution to this? Is this just a hazard of working on a high resolution Windows screen? (I can't imagine a Mac having this issue--there, my obligatory Windows dig)

http://wolnibaptysci.pl/media/acc-bt.png

The Accordance font color of the presetting in the Mac version is also only grey.

There are no difference between the Mac. and the Windows version. But you can change it to black if you want. Right click in the text and .....

Accordance 10.4 

• Full support for Retina and HiDPI machines

But I might Joel has mentioned the 12 would have some improvements on the HiDPI screens.

If you buy now the 11. You'll get the starter of 12 for free.

Greetings

Fabian

The Accordance font color of the presetting in the Mac version is also only grey.

There are no difference between the Mac. and the Windows version. But you can change it to black if you want. Right click in the text and .....

Accordance 10.4 

• Full support for Retina and HiDPI machines

But I might Joel has mentioned the 12 would have some improvements on the HiDPI screens.

If you buy now the 11. You'll get the starter of 12 for free.

Greetings

Fabian

I already saw the greyness, but changing it to black didn't really help. 

I'll look into the 11 now, 12 free, but I didn't know they did that. I generally skip generations. But it seems that 10 can't take advantage of the system font smoothing.