Feature Request for Linking Text Windows

RyanMarkRichardson

Hello,

I think a great feature would be to expand upon the linking options for iOS. For example, allow us to link our New Testament English Bible text to our Greek New Testament and our Old Testament English Bible text to our Hebrew Bibles. This is not as big of an issue on PC or Mac versions of Accordance as you can switch easily between windows and have multiple windows linked to your English Bible text, but the process of switching windows on iOS can be a little tedious (especially if you're flipping back and forth between OT and NT cross-references).

To explain this by way of example, I have attached an image of a New Testament text with the Greek New Testament linked in the lower window. When I switch to an Old Testament passage in the English Text, it would be very convenient to have the Hebrew Bible automatically open in the lower window instead of having to manually switch it out.

post-34079-0-12399700-1477419567_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

Ryan, are you aware in the mac and pc versions you can combine resources? So hebrew and greek can be combined and do exactly what you want without the need of having multiple windows. You can also combine wbc ot and nt and a load of other obvious resources. This is covered in Page 22 of the training manual.

http://www.accordancefiles1.com/products/Accordance11Manual-print.pdf

For ios, the ability to also use the combined resources like in the full fat version has been requested before but good to show how needed it is.

;o)

• 1 year later...

I agree that this would be a great feature; I'd even say essential. I use iOS Accordance most in settings where I am listening to a live sermon or lecture—times when speed is at a premium and I don't want to be fumbling with switching out a parallel text.

Even if the iOS app architecture doesn't allow for combined texts, could there be a setting added to the app that would allow for a default Hebrew (OT) and default Greek (NT) text? Then I could simply choose "Default Texts" for the primary panel or parallel panel and it would follow me wherever I am headed instantly.

• 1 year later...

I agree. I usually have an English translation open in one pane, and then either BHS or NA27 open in the other. If I move between testaments, I have to manually select the other original language text. 

This is one of my favourite features on the desktop, but I think it's even more useful on the iPad where there is no room for more text panes.

Would the developers mind giving us an idea of whether this is feasible?

I doubt that a programmed solution is going to appear soon. My workaround is to use the Hebrew text with a parallel English, and when I go to the NT I use the English with parallel Greek (which I know less well). Since Accordance retains the last used parallel, as well as recently opened texts, I find it easy to switch in the Library.