Typing in user notes is very SLOW

Bret Hicks

I am working with user notes, and the response to my typing is extremely slow.  If I type a sentence, it is still on the first few words after I have finished typing the entire sentence.  I then watch it slowly show all of the keystrokes, taking up to 10 or 15 seconds to slowly shows all of the keystrokes.  I have had this problem for a while, but it seems to be worse now than ever.  Is there something that might be causing this?  My system is responsive in all other apps (I do not see anything similar in Pages for example), and even other functions in Accordance do not show this speed problem.

For general information, I am running a MacBook pro, late 2011, with 16GB of RAM.  I am still running Yosemite, and I am on Accordance 11.2.4.  Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

In Christ,

Bret

I have discovered that if I create a new note file with no notes in it, the problem does not exist.  Is there a known problem like this with larger user note files?

This also leads to the question of the best way to handle user note files.  I have a single file containing all of my study notes for Scripture. The idea was that it would show any notes I have taken as I move through Scripture.  But it is apparently making the edits I am adding to the file very slow in response time.  Is there a better way to do this?

In Christ,

Bret

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Bret,

It also happened to me a few times.

The most recent one is a minute ago.

I guess it might be something to do with the fonts we are using for the user notes (not sure).

I changed the font to Times New Roman, and relaunched Accordance. Now it seems working fine.

I'm sorry that I have to say that it is still a mystery. I'm changing to the other fonts I was using, but the speed is still fine so far... Therefore, font might not be the cause.

I'm sorry that I have to say that it is still a mystery. I'm changing to the other fonts I was using, but the speed is still fine so far... Therefore, font might not be the cause.

For me it is often also a mystery why Accordance is slow. No Time Machine is running or something else, but Accordance is from one minute to another slow.

The only one which helps is to force quit Accordance and restart. Hopefully Joel find the bug.

Greetings

Fabian

• 1 month later...

My apologies- I am new to forums.

Has this issue been resolved?  I am having the same problem- to the point I am a paragraph or two ahead....

Not what I have describe. And also sometimes to type in User Tools its very slow.

I too noticed this yesterday in User Notes and today in User Tools. I hope they get it fixed soon.

Hopefully Joel will see this thread and look into it.

Edit: I forgot to add I am running v.12 on a Mac.

Tim

Edited by twbeining

Not sure why, but when I have been typing in the same note file recently there is no lag time in response.  I have not upgraded or changed anything - operating system, hardware, Accordance - nothing.  And I am still running the same apps when I use Accordance.  Not sure why this problem comes up intermittently.  I know that makes it hard to discover and fix, but I hope it can be fixed.

In Christ,

Bret

It seems to happen after Accordance has been running for a while. The same problem first appeared with user tools. I reported the issue a number of times but it was never addressed. Then it started to happen with user notes. It became so frustrating that I have ended up moving all my notes and tools out of Accordance.

It seems to happen after Accordance has been running for a while. The same problem first appeared with user tools. I reported the issue a number of times but it was never addressed. Then it started to happen with user notes. It became so frustrating that I have ended up moving all my notes and tools out of Accordance.

Yes I came to the same result. 

For me it has the same behavior like Safari, after upgrading to OS X 10.10.4? since then I have to quit Safari if after long use. Then it runs like a new machine. But even Apple are not able to solve the problem. 

If the Accordance guys find the bug. Then please make a report to Apple... It would be cool if this behaviors (plural) are fixed.