Getting most frequent greek word in specific N.T. books

sunmin Cho

I know how to get Greek words that appear less than 30 times or 40 times. I can put [count 1-29] or [count 1-39]. If I wanted to confine the result to a certain N.T. books, I could put [count 1-29] [and] [range Matthew]. That means I can see words both that appear less than 30 in N.T. and that occur in Matthew. In other words, those words appear less than 30 times total in N.T., but the result shows words that are within the range of Matthew. However, my question is, what if I wanted to find words that appear less/more than 30 times in Matthew, not in N.T.?

The best way to do this is to define a range for the book of Matthew and search for words with a count of x-y. You can set up a search range by opening up the more options section of the search pane and in the second drop down choose "Define Range..." That will bring up a dialog that lets you set a specific range. If you search for "Define search range" in help and select the first hit that comes up, it will walk you through it step by step with helpful screenshots.

Archived