NT in Hebrew, Ability to search for words?

Paul Daunno

Is there an Accordance module that translates the NT into Hebrew that also would provide the ability to search for where a given Hebrew word is used?

For example, in Genesis 1:1, re'shit is translated into English as "beginning".  I would like to know if the English word "beginning" in John 1:1 is also the Hebrew word "re'shit".

My Pastor was teaching on good and evil yesterday and referenced the Hebrew word "tov".  I thought it would be interesting to see which occurrences of "good" in the NT from a Hebrew standpoint would be translated as "tov".

Hope this makes sense ...

Hi Paul,

I have two in Acc that Hebrew translations of the NT. The MHNT (Modern Hebrew) quoted below for Jn 1:1 and Deliztsch from the 19th century.

‏”בְּרֵאשִׁית הָיָה הַדָּבָר, וְהַדָּבָר הָיָה עִם הָאֱלֹהִים, וֵאלֹהִים הָיָה הַדָּבָר.“‎
(‏יוחנן א׃א‎ Modern Hebrew New Testament)

Both begin John with בְּרֵאשִׁית

These are not morhp or Strong's tagged, so your search options are more limited than with a fully tagged text and apart from transliteration you won't get help from ID, but searching can be done. I should probably mention that the translations are from Greek (Delitzsch from Elsiver 1624 apparently (not properly confirmed by me) and MHNT from modern Greek critical according to Accordance webpage but I don't know which edition) not from English. In order to do the comparison of good with טוב you'll probably have to do a Greek text search with MHNT in parallel. For cases where it's translated this way, you'll want to compare where טוב is the driving search. Not as convenient as with a tagged text I grant but possible.

Thx

D