Lol what?

Ιακοβ

Came across another fun problem with a module. This one is actually a little annoying, but at least it is amusing at the same time  :wacko:

post-33292-0-61783800-1457349581_thumb.jpg

Direct URL for anyone who wants to see it :Daccord://read/JETS-2012#166414

Edited by Ιακοβ

Oh yea, and if anyone has an idea on how to un-jumble this paragraph, please let me know, It would be nice to be able to read this, rather than wait 12-18 months for the fix to come through.

Hello, Ιακοβ,

Maybe the Report Corrections function would be a good way to get this to the attention of those who maintain the modules?

Eric

• Like 1

Maybe the Report Corrections function would be a good way to get this to the attention of those who maintain the modules?

In your experience, do you find "Report Corrections function" to be a "good way"? (Certainly, I've submitted quite a few fixes for obvious typos, and other sorts of problems in the past year or so, and I am pretty sure none have ever been fixed.)

At any rate, this is unlikely to be fixed in the next few weeks when my next assignment is due, so it wouldn't help at all. I'd settle for a way to un-jumble the text so it can be readable again.

I am equally sure that most if not all of your corrections, if we found them to be accurate, were fixed within months, and serious issues within days. I reported this easy fix now, and in the meantime the transliteration you see when you mouseover will help you understand the meaning of the bad Greek words.

• Like 1

In your experience, do you find "Report Corrections function" to be a "good way"? (Certainly, I've submitted quite a few fixes for obvious typos, and other sorts of problems in the past year or so, and I am pretty sure none have ever been fixed.)

At any rate, this is unlikely to be fixed in the next few weeks when my next assignment is due, so it wouldn't help at all. I'd settle for a way to un-jumble the text so it can be readable again.

I have not tracked each of the corrections I have submitted to Accordance, but I think that many of them have made it into new versions within weeks or months, not years. (In one case I reported one, and just after I clicked "Send" I realized I was totally wrong and the text was right, but I couldn't catch the e-mail before it went  :mellow:. So, I'm glad they vet them before making changes.)

I also need to use a competing large Bible software company's program regularly, but I don't think I've ever noticed that even one of my corrections made it into an update. Probably some did, but no where near the responsiveness I've experienced from Accordance.

And I love it that the citations in Accordance (usually) say which electronic version was cited. So, if they do fix something, and you come back later and wonder why your copied text doesn't match theirs, you can often trace it to the fact that they updated the module since your citation was made. I like that!

It's not jumbled, exactly. Just in the wrong font. Copy as transliteration and pasting in another app should get you close, but here it is:

To be in similar apposition to the title "Christ" (ΧΡΙΣΤΟς) and thereby serve as yet another messianic designation [ETS 50:3 (September 2007) p. 540) for Jesus?7 Ultimately our quest must answer this question: "Do any of the variant designations for Jesus in Mark's Gospel leading up to the pivotal confessions about Jesus by Peter (8:29) and the RomanCenturion (15:39) define him to be anything more than a self-giving (serving) and self-sacrificing (suffering) Christ? A Messiah? It appears to me that most of the titles ascribed to Jesus throughout Mark's narrative story about Jesus and in Mark 1:1 serve only to present Jesusto be "the Christ"

The one thing I'm not sure of is the "as yet," as my transliteration there isn't consistent with elsewhere, but it's the only thing that made sens to me in context.

• Like 1

I am equally sure that most if not all of your corrections, if we found them to be accurate, were fixed within months, and serious issues within days. I reported this easy fix now, and in the meantime the transliteration you see when you mouseover will help you understand the meaning of the bad Greek words.

With great excitement, I used to check, every time there was an update,wondering if maybe one of my corrections made it into any of the updated modules, spurred on by the idea that I was helping make something great even greater. To date I don't think a single feedback made it in, which pretty much drained away all that excitement for reporting things. (Truth is, I also had a bad experience the other week where some hebrew in a textbook, which we were supposed to be memorising  for a test, was wrong, thankfully I found out the day before the test).

I assume things like these are too minor to be fixed? 

------------

On 2 Oct 2015, at 7:50 AM wrote:

“oecumenical council of Constantinople”
Chrysostom, John (Paragraph 978), Christian Biography v1.1

Comments:
The what council? :D

------------
On 12 Oct 2015, at 3:47 PM wrote:

“Σἰγύπτου”
Language (Paragraph 97), WBC-2Pet & Jude v1.4

Comments:
There is clearly something wrong with this sentence. I think perhaps the problem is Αἰγύπτου has been incorrectly written as Σἰγύπτου in the greek? But if this is the case, how can such a basic greek word be spelt with a completely different first letter?

UPDATE: Actually looks like "oecumenical" might be a real word. I am pretty sure the second one is wrong though

Edited by Ιακοβ

With so many resources, we need to prioritize the work or updating modules based on the severity of the issues. For example, if a module is missing material or navigation is hindered, there is a high priority to get it updated. The issue for which you started this post is also an issue that warrants quick turn-around in updating the module. We are working on getting that released soon.

We also must prioritize based on the number of correction submissions. In response to the two submissions you sent in October…1) I believe “oecumenical council of Constantinople” could possibly be correct but it will be forwarded regardless so it can be looked at, however, we have collected only two updates needed for “Christian Biography” which is why that one has not been updated yet, and 2) the WBC has a number of corrections submission which means updates to those modules should be forthcoming (probably within the next few weeks).

Please be assured that every Report is noted, collected, and considered in all of our updates.

• Like 2

I have seen ecumenical spelled as œcumenical or oecumenical (with or without the ligature) in older resources.

• Like 1

I have seen ecumenical spelled as œcumenical or oecumenical (with or without the ligature) in older resources.

Same here

• Like 1

Yep, happy to learn something new today. (The other example is definitely wrong though)

Yep, happy to learn something new today. (The other example is definitely wrong though)

Yes, the Σ should be an Α. As Julie mentioned minor typos like this often get made in batches when multiple errors are reported for a particular resource. 

If you want the complete article, it’s here.... http://www.etsjets.org/files/JETS-PDFs/50/50-3/JETS_50-3_537-559_Bateman.pdf

• Like 1

If you want the complete article, it’s here.... http://www.etsjets.org/files/JETS-PDFs/50/50-3/JETS_50-3_537-559_Bateman.pdf

Thanks Ken, Excitingly this module was just pushed out via Easy Update!

(Perhaps it seems relatively mundane, but for me at least, it is very exciting to have a correction I found actually make it out into an update. :) )

• Like 1