Can Page Numbers be Added to New Interpreter's Dict?

mortenjensen

Hi,

I am wondering, why there is not page number info for New Interpreter's Dictionary - like there is for many other dictionaries like Anchor, the IVP's etc. 

It is available in the logos-version of the same work, so I guess it is made available from the publisher (if not some internship did it manually at logos :)).

Just wanted to ask if it can be added - when doing papers and research, it is such a help to have pagination available!

Morten

Hi,

I am wondering, why there is not page number info for New Interpreter's Dictionary - like there is for many other dictionaries like Anchor, the IVP's etc. 

It is available in the logos-version of the same work, so I guess it is made available from the publisher (if not some internship did it manually at logos :)).

Just wanted to ask if it can be added - when doing papers and research, it is such a help to have pagination available!

Morten

Hi Morten,

This is somewhat of a unique situation. When we were developing this resource for Accordance we noticed a relatively high number of discrepancies between the electronic files provided to us and the print edition, which led us to confirm that there had been editorial changes made. Many of these changes affected pagination (relocating content, etc). So, we made the decision to hold off adding pages due to the fact that they would be inaccurate in many cases, and force us to make judgment calls on where page breaks might occur.

I just checked again with the publisher and there are currently no plans to reprint the NIDB. So we're still in the same situation. We can potentially revisit this and try to figure out the cost vs. benefit on adding them in spite of the differences. But, for the time being it will stay as is.

Thanks for the feedback and request.

• Like 1