screen space when opening Tools

Anthony Sepulveda

Hello,

Is there a way to tell Accordance to allocate just a quarter of the screen when I open a Tool as I'm studying a Bible Text? In the meantime the Tools always occupy half the screen when they open, and it seems too much since I prefer to concentrate more on the Text, and I'm just consulting the Tool for some additional information.

Thanks.

Anthony, I hope I've read your question correctly?  To my knowledge there is no way to pre-define space distribution.

I presume you realise that the divider bar between text and tool is a slider bar and can be moved either way to give you your choice of workspace.  

Two other considerations. 1) set up the workspace the way you want it and set that as the default session under prefs.

2) create a new workspace to your liking and use that when working with tools.

Paul.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Hi Paul,

Well, I could do that; but if I understand correctly, if I set up a workspace then the Tool zone should be always kept open (sized the way I want it to be), even though I'm not using it? I what I was wondering is whether I can tell Accordance to automatically just occupy a smaller amount of the screen whenever I open any Tool, whether I'm in my 'favorite' workspace setup or not.

Thanks.

Yes, Anthony.

You are quite right.  

I don't think there is a way. Accordance will always try and evenly distribute any new panes that have been added to a single pane.  

Sorry I can't be of any more help.

Of course it depends what you're doing.

For example if you set up your instant details box as a pop-over.  Then if you hover over a word or verse and press the command key and 'click and hold'.   it will give you the top dictionary or commentary definition as a temporary pop-over.   I appreciate its not perfect, but it may give you some temporary insight without it affecting your workflow.  

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Okay; I'll just try and work around this for now. Thanks, Paul!