INFER command changes to gibberish after searching back

Leeor Gottlieb

Using v. 11.1.2 on Windows:

I performed an INFER command on the Hebrew Bible and then right-clicked on one of the results and performed Search Back Linked Text. It found the correct verse, but it also changed the original INFER command into a gibberish of mostly Hebrew characters.

Did anyone else experience this?

Hi Leeor,

I tried something very simple and it worked ok for me.

Specifically, I search for * [range jonah 1] in HMT. Then I did an INFER 6 against the HMT complete text.

Then I selected a word out of the hits in Gen 19:5 and searched back to HMT and it worked fine.

Do you have steps for a reproducible failure case that some of us could try ?

Thx

D

Thanks Daniel. I just tried to reproduce the same search I did yesterday in order to post the screen shots, but today I didn't get any gibberish! I don't know how to explain it, because it happened yesterday every time I repeated an INFER search. Today, however, all seems well...

It happens. Alas it doesn't mean the bug is gone. It just means you haven't got all the conditions in effect at the moment. It might only happen after other things have happened in your Accordance session. It might be dependent upon something going awry in the OS before you get to running your query. If it comes back report as much detail as you can think of to help people replicate it.

Thx

D