getting ÿ in command bar

dlrude

I use Windows 8.1 on a Lenovo Yoga 3 with high definition display.

When I have the curser in the search bar to type a command or search text and then press "shift" (for example to enter "<") and hold shift for a micro second then it puts one of this in the search bar "ÿ" with no quotes.

I type slow so when I want a < I end up with  ÿ< which of course does not work properly.

What is that all about? Does it happen to anyone else?

Thanks, Dave.

Dave,

Are you using any different virtual keyboard on your Lenovo Yoga machine? 

Do you see the same when in pure English keyboard - you can see ENG next to the time on the right of the taskbar?  

Does this happen in any Bible - English, Greek or Hebrew?  I cannot reproduce on my Windows 8.1 "normal" laptop.

Dave,

Are you using any different virtual keyboard on your Lenovo Yoga machine? 

Do you see the same when in pure English keyboard - you can see ENG next to the time on the right of the taskbar?  

Does this happen in any Bible - English, Greek or Hebrew?  I cannot reproduce on my Windows 8.1 "normal" laptop.

Using standard physical Lenovo keyboard.

It is set to English and happens on English search because that is pretty much the only way I do a search when I have to type.

You made me think of something though that may be very much related.

I have a Google function installed on that machine so I can switch to a Chinese keyboard. The keyboard is set to English when it happens but I bet that be a possible source of the problem.