Note Update Option to Import

Michael P Finkelstein

So I am to learn the notes recently went a major upgrade. Thank you for your work. I am sorry to say, however, I find the note capabilities somewhat lacking. Even the basic ability to write in Hebrew and English (think brackets and parenthesis, etc.) is a headache. So please consider the following:

1. Please add an option to import and OPML file to create a User Note. Please use a recommended standard for several reasons.

1a. Your note files are not in compliance with OS X, and are therefore not indexed. It would be nice to have my notes indexed when I need to find something I've written.

1b. With OPML, you could import the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<opml version="1.0">
  <head>
    <title>Note Title Here</title>
    <expansionState>0</expansionState>
  </head>
  <body>
    <outline text="Genesis 1:1">
      <outline text="Note content here as a stepchild to the entry of Genesis 1:1">
        <outline text="Additional stepchildren for block quote or whatever"/>
      </outline>
    </outline>
  </body>
</opml>

I could then edit my source and import when significant updates (I write more) have been made. The app I use for OMPL is also indexed by OS X, and has been coded to handle Right to Left languages and OPML is a standard markup.

2. Please consider overhauling the search features. Regex is a good way to go. Why not bring this? Nearly any word processor today has advanced search features.

3. Please consider how researchers would want to use notes. E.g., import passages into charts, etc. Please look at Sefaria's source sheet and get inspired by it. I tried to copy a Mishnah to past into a note related to several pasukim and it was nightmare! We are in 2015, processors have come a long way but when working with Accordance notes, I feel as though the Typewriter would be an improvement. Seriously.

4. Finally, thanks for your hard work. 

So, you will probably the read the above as if I am complaining. To which I respond, remember I am Jewish and we have a very direct way about us. Our history of literature is distinguished by the machloket and dialectic.