Finding Greco-Roman Resources

Emanuel Cardona

I am looking for an encyclopedia that covers the Greco-Roman world during the New Testament times.  Does anyone know of such a resource?  Thank you!

Edited by E. Cardona

Does anyone have in mind some recommendations?

Hi Emanuel,

There is The Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Greece and Rome at

https://global.oup.com/academic/product/the-oxford-encyclopedia-of-ancient-greece-and-romef-9780195170726?cc=us&lang=en&

It's expensive though. With over 1100 entries in 7 volumes, it works out to about $1/article. Maybe a library near you has it.

Regards,

Michel

Thank you!  You are right, it is expensive.  I will see if a library nearby has it available.  Thank you so much for your help.

Hi Emanuel,

The cost of these types of encyclopedias gave me an idea. If Acc purchased the institutional license for this and/or other encyclopedias, would you pay a subscription to access them through Acc rather than through a library? Would any others? There must be a lot of people who can't access these kinds of resources in a nearby library.

It's just a thought that occurred to me, and perhaps something Acc hasn't thought of yet.

Regards,

Michel

• Like 1

That sounds like a good idea.  I wonder if other Acc users will be interested too?