King James Version?

ares2601

Hi everyone, :)  :)  :)

I just want to know where to find in Accordance the American King James version?

Isn't that the KJV with Strong's numbering that we currently offer?

Yes, this text is included in the Starter Collection on Mac, Windows, and on Accordance Mobile. It's even completely free in the demo version (but that has other limitations). It's called the KJVS. We are not aware of an AKJV, specifically American version.

I'm pretty certain that ares2601 is referring to the American KJV created by Engelbrite. See more info here

As I mentioned in the other thread where the same question was asked, I'm familiar with this translation, but I don't believe anyone has ever asked for it in Accordance until today. To elaborate on that statement, I therefore am not certain how much demand there would be for the Accordance devs to produce the AKJV for the Accordance Library.

However, as I already mentioned, the AKJV is in the public domain and could therefore be incorporated into the Accordance Library as an Imported Bible. This would make a great project for you, ares2601, or some other Accordance user to create and add to the Accordance Exchange so that others could have access to it, too. 

Whoa... hold on a minute here. AKJV (Abram K-J Version) is what I call my running User Notes file that will one day become a commentary that I exclusively license to Accordance. But I will probably only finish it if I live to be 120.

• Like 4

Where the American King James Version isn;t copyrighted so you can still register your trademark AKJV  :P

-Dan

• Like 1

akjv.com is free but akjv.org (Arkman) might indicate an additional issue for you.

Thx

D

• Like 1

I believe the "original"' KJV text (and its past updates?) is still copyright to the Crown of England in the UK, effectively managed by Cambridge University Press.

Does this affects sales of the KJV module to persons in the UK?