Getting order to go through over the weekend?

Ιακοβ

I just "purchased" a commentary to use for my assignment I need to write over the weekend, to save me having to travel into the library. 

Sadly, yet again, my purchase somehow gets stuck and its not downloadable yet. Appears to be stuck at "processing". Is there any chance this is going to go through any time soon, or am I going to have to travel into the city to see the hardcopy of something I have already "purchased"?

While this "processing" thing is annoying at the best of times, I've never had it get in the way while I had an assignment imminent, making it obviously a little more frustrating. 

So yes, do the orders get processed on the weekend, or is it a guaranteed no show until Monday (Tuesday Australian time?)

I have no real idea..... other than it might be even worse.. Monday is a holiday so it might be Wednesday your time.... maybe all hope isn;t lost always a chance someone will come in Saturday. You must have had some sort of manual processing on your order because they are suppose to be automatically processed unless manual processing is needed.

-Dan

Alas sometimes it only takes a typo in a credit card number or expiry date. I did ask if this system could be improved the last time I had to correct such an error.

Thx

D

Thanks, that at least that helps set my expectations somewhat. I guess it's off to the library then.

Thanks.

For what its worth, in case anyone else stumbles across this weekend processing question. It appears my order did ultimately get approved, it was 12 hours after it failed, I think maybe this was first thing Saturday morning.

In fact the next business day is Tuesday in the US as Monday is a holiday, but we actually work almost around the clock. In future if you are stuck, do send an email. Also, if your order fails to charge (rather than is pending customer service) you can always try again with a new set of numbers.

• Like 2

There have been several occurrences when I have been pleasantly surprised by the late hour that orders are approved when necessary.

It is a testament to how amazing the Accordance staff are!!!

• Like 1

In fact the next business day is Tuesday in the US as Monday is a holiday, but we actually work almost around the clock. In future if you are stuck, do send an email. Also, if your order fails to charge (rather than is pending customer service) you can always try again with a new set of numbers.

That's something I was unclear on. If you mess up a card number, which I've done, can one simply go through the whole process again ? It's a bit opaque in what the states are, so I was unsure how to proceed. When I've called in later to get it processed the data from the failed order information is present and Sales can correct my error. I don't remember the exact error message I got right now but it appeared that the order had been accepted into the system, but there was no way to edit the incorrect payment information that I could see. Should I have looked in Order History and found it that way ? On the two occasions I've had this happen (yep ooops) when I've contacted Sales they have not suggested there was anything I could have done to correct it myself, but if there is a way I can work out what went wrong and fix it that would be helpful. I do not plan to do it again but I almost certainly will :)

Thx

D

Things have been updated recently, so here's a summary:

• Processed (on the emailed receipt) means your card was charged and the software is accessible to you.
  • Pending (on the emailed receipt) means that for whatever reason (other than a failed credit card) the card was not charged. Maybe we needed to verify a qualification for an upgrade or, most commonly, accept a discount request. You do not have access to the software. If you think you made a mistake on the numbers, you should email us with the correction. If the card fails to charge, we will notify you.
  • Failed or declined charge (this is the new status), no invoice is sent to you, but your order is now recorded for us to see. Unless we see a subsequent successful order, we will attempt the charge and notify you if it fails. This is the one that you can repeat if you want to try different numbers.
  • Like 2

Ah - ok excellent - thanx for the explanation. Incidentally is it possible for a customer (me) to see their order when in the "Failed or declined" state ? I'm suspecting not but figured I would double check.

Tx

D