Old Interpreter's Dictionary of the Bible

Gedalya

The old verison of IDB has some very valuable articles.  Any thoughts at Accordance of offering this version as well?

It was talked about in the past before the NIB family came to accordance and it was even asked about after the release of the NIDB, but the word from Accordance was that the sales of such a product would not likely cover the hassle to develop it. It would be as expensive if not more to do than the NIDB I mean I have it sitting around on OLD Abingdon Folio Disks but being I haven't got a machine that can run 10.4.9 (you need classic to run them and Foilio views never worked under Sheepshaver or Basilisk II) any longer I no longer am able to use them. The quality of the articles in the IDB were very high when you add in the supplemental volume that aided the weaker articles of the original. Now I did like the articles in the IDB but unless it was priced under $100 I would not even remotely consider getting it. Perhaps if there are a large number of people wanting it it could get done but I honestly don't see it happening.

-Dan

• Like 1