Thompson Chain-Reference Bible Update?

Daniel  Francis

I was just curious if you ever thought of updating the the TCR so it can scroll along like other study Bibles?

-Dan

Hi Dan, not sure what you mean here - my TCR will scroll along in parallel with my main text - what are you seeing?

TCR.mp4.zip

• Like 1

My mistake I was not finding it under the parallel menu i was searching under study bibles and cross references I see now that it is under Biblical Studies.

-Dan

I only actually thought of it noticing someone asking about the TCR in another forum. In general I find the NIV Thematic Study Bible far more useful.... it is a pity Zondervan only allows you to sell it as the DICTIONARY OF BIBLE THEMES  version of it now. I realize it is virtually the same work but having it able to parallel the Bible text is nicer in my mind (maybe it still can, as I do not own the dictionary version in accordance I am not aware of it's behaviour, but then again I wasn't able to find the TCR in the menu either (always hate when you can;t see something in front of you)).  B)

-Dan

Well, Dan, if that last emoticon is your avatar...take off the dark glasses! ;-)

And FYI, dictionary of bible themes is an English tool, so not organised by bible reference (you would' expect it to be). So can't be displayed in a parallel pane.

Hey they are photo sensitive....but i am one who sometimes can miss things right in front of me... :)

-Dan

• Like 1

A photosensitive emotcon/emoji.. I think I want one too!

Edited by Ken Simpson
  • Like 1

A photosensitive emotcon/emoji.. I think I want one too!

They are ultra sensitive...if you turn your monitors brightness to off completely they go clear.... hehehehehe

-Dan

PS: Of course I thought you meant my avatar picture as in profile picture..  B) 

Edited by Dan Francis

I suspected as much, but didn't want you to think I was being rude about your glasses. My cousin has v photosensitive eyes and similar glasses. :-)

And FYI, dictionary of bible themes is an English tool, so not organised by bible reference (you would' expect it to be). So can't be displayed in a parallel pane.

This was the editor's desire. I tried to explain how reference tools work in Accordance, and its usefulness as such for this resource, but he was insistent on it functioning as it is now.

This was the editor's desire. I tried to explain how reference tools work in Accordance, and its usefulness as such for this resource, but he was insistent on it functioning as it is now.

All I can say is thankfully I own the Study Bible version... that makes it truly a useful tool.... the dictionary implementation seriously cuts down the usefulness in my mind.... But guess it is not for us to say we are just the users....

-Dan