Greek UTF8 to ASCII Helena

Fabian

Hello 

I had tried to change in BBEdit a Greek Bible which is in UTF8 to the ASCII Helena. But by the Import to Accordance It doesn't work properly. So that I can use the compare function. 

Same with Hebrew and the other Accordance fonts.

Can the Accordance staff tell us how to do this? This would be nice even for the Codex Sinaiticus etc. 

Greetings

Fabian

Hey Fabian,

Do you particularly like the Helena glyphs ? I am puzzled why you would want to do this.

Thx

D

Hello Daniel

To compare the SBLGNT with the NA28 or another Accordance Bible it would be nice if we can save the text in the Accordance format for Greek and....

So now, we have to compare the NA28 with User Greek Bibles to copy paste the NA28 as UTF8 and reimport it. Not so nice. There must be a  more elegant way...

I don't speak for Oaktree of course, but I believe the more elegant way is to go Unicode with all the OL texts. It's a bunch of work (not just recoding the texts but also the code that uses them, at least in places) but that would be my preferred option.

Thx

D

Yes, but Helen wrote a few days ago, than the beautiful Helena font were killed. Or they have to adopt this too. 

That "beautiful Helena font" of ours was named in honor of that very same Helen.

• Like 2

The Helena glyphs could be recoded to Unicode.

Its all doable - but it's work and alas not a little.

@Tim - I didn't know that - very cool.

Thx

D

Yes I know. You told this before. So I was tempted to write Helen-a font for Helen A. Brown

If I understand Joel right, than the horizon to go full to unicode is not in sight.

greetings

Fabian

I understand the same but continue to hope :)

If you import a Unicode text into Accordance you can copy it back out with the Unicode option unchecked and it will convert to our fonts (Helena, etc). Is that what you mean?

Hello Rick

I'm unable to import User Bibles with Greek ASCII. Only Western (Mac OS Roman) and a little bit Central European (Mac OS) works well. All other Mac OS didn't work. 

My suggestion is to import as Greek (Mac OS) or similar. Because Western (Mac OS) doesn't support the Greek font and as UTF8 all the Analytics and Compare functions to the Accordance Greek Modules doesn't work either.

I didn't find out how to import Greek and Hebrew not as Unicode that it work. 

Greetings

Fabian

You said, "I had tried to change in BBEdit a Greek Bible which is in UTF8 to the ASCII Helena"

If it is in UTF 8 import that, not ASCII.

If we're still not understanding you please give a specific example, text, source, etc.

Hello Rick

Yes you are right I can and I've had the greek text import it as UTF 8. That works. 

But then the text compare function of Accordance didn't work with NA28. Because to compare texts in Unicode and ASCII is not able at the moment. 

Even the Analytics are quit in 11.0.6 for texts in Unicode.

I just found a PM from Joel from the 2. Okt. 14 to me, that what I want is not possible today, but there are plans for the future.

Then this will come.

Greetings

Fabian

I assumed that a Greek text would be converted to Helena upon import and then accomplish what you were after.

If I understand Joel right then it is at the moment not possible to import Greek and Hebrew User Bibles unless as unicode with the restriction, what I've had wrote above.

Greetings

Fabian

If I understand Joel right then it is at the moment not possible to import Greek and Hebrew User Bibles unless as unicode with the restriction, what I've had wrote above.

Greetings

Fabian

Joel knows best; I misunderstood.