How do you change the size of the text that you type into the search tab?

dlrude

I got a new computer with a high resolution screen and now the size of the text that I type in for a search is too small for me.

Does anyone know how to change that text size? I looked in preferences but have not figured it out.

Thanks, Dave.

Dave, are you on a Mac or in Windows?

Hi Dave,

Does everything in Windows seem small now, e.g., icons on your desktop and menu bars in programs like Accordance and Word? If so, you can make everything larger in Windows. In Win 8 go to the Control Panel > Display > Change the size of all items. After experimenting I chose 150%. Win 7 had this too. You can also change the size of Title Bars [edit: etc.] only. See screenshot for Win 8.

post-32543-0-70391700-1430319047_thumb.png

If you experience low resolution after these changes, check out the post at http://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/13920-low-resfuzzy/

I would experiment with it also.

Regards,

Michel

Edited by Michel Gilbert

Dave, assuming you're on a Windows computer, Michael has suggested exactly what I was going to say.

I feel that Windows 8.x does treat high resolution screens correctly yet--especially when it comes to text. I have issues not only with Accordance, but some other programs as well. You may find that making the changes that Michael suggests will create a better experience across the board.

I would also suggest going to Appearance Settings in Accordance preferences and change Browser font size to something larger than the default. This will allow the table of contents and other system text in Accordance to be slightly larger.

Play around with these settings until you find something satisfactory.

I should also mention that not too long ago, Joel Brown commented that they're looking into these issues as well, so a future Accordance update might solve some of these problems on high definition displays.

Thanks Rick and Michel,

I am using windows 8 and tried all the suggestions however none seem to effect the font size in the search box or the tab names.

I already had my display size slider all the way to the maximum.

Guess I just have to live with it.

Thanks again, Dave.

Well, again, Joel has mentioned that they're looking into this issue, so it may get resolved. And as I mentioned, there are issues in Windows 8.x itself. Try switching back and forth with an external monitor--I have to reset my settings every time I do that. So there's also the hope that Windows 10 will fix some of this.