Can One Search Journal Titles?

Enoch

Using the Research search function, I can limit the search to journals.  I was searching for Psalm 90, but I got results for every place in the journals were Ps 90 occurs.  Is there someway to limit the search to the titles of the articles (where in the title "Psalm 90" occurs -- or Ps 90)?

Any title results would have been sorted higher in the list on the left, so it would be very easy to tell when you were done looking at 'Title' hits versus 'content' hits.

Are you sure you didn't intend to search by scripture reference?

Any title results would have been sorted higher in the list on the left, so it would be very easy to tell when you were done looking at 'Title' hits versus 'content' hits.

Are you sure you didn't intend to search by scripture reference?

I think that's the the OP is saying.

Check out the difference between searching for a word and searching for a reference. On a word, you have the results sorted by english content and titles and you can tell which is which, but on the scripture search, it doesn't indicate anything.

post-33196-0-88037800-1424596951_thumb.png

post-33196-0-15404400-1424596949_thumb.png

Edited by rpavich

If you search by "English Content" and then search for "Psalm 90" <OR> "PS 90" then you get hits sorted by title or content.

post-33196-0-90355400-1424597704_thumb.png

Thanks, I was searching by scripture, which does not give convenient results if one wants only Titles that have Psalm 90 in them.

• 1 year later...

Are there any plans to make it where you can search "Title" in journals in the research pane?

Hi Tim, the research pane is meant to be the first step in a long line of narrowing down.

If you search for (ps 90 <or> Psalm 90) in the research pane, and limit it to the journals in your drop down menu, as Joel said, the first hits will be most likely the titles.

If you open up the browser a little you will see which hits are in the titles field (it’s in brackets after the journal name).

post-29509-0-50692900-1457648379_thumb.png

Thanks Ken, I am not sure how I didn't know that.

Hey Tim, no problem! I forget stuff about accordance ALL the time. That’s why I find visiting the forums such a help :-) This is not part of my paid work with Accordance.

Hi Tim, the research pane is meant to be the first step in a long line of 

LOL, I hope that the research pane is not meant to be the first step in a long line of pain!

LOL, I hope that the research pane is not meant to be the first step in a long line of pain!

Sometimes - if the Word of God really does its work...