Left & Right Arrows, like on a Browser to go Back Where you bin

Enoch

It would be nice to have < and > like on a browser with internet to go back & forth from where you last were. I am aware of the triangular arrows at right top of workspace; but clicking on them has never accomplished anything useful to me.

It is notable that in the File Menu there is this "Open Autosaved Session," which evidently lists one's history of workspaces. It would be nice to have < and > on one side of the screen (like where the triangular arrows now are) which would take you to the autosaved sessions. Each click would go back a session, and the other > would take you back to where you started after going to an autosaved session.

My requested feature is < and > to navigate autosaved sessions. Also, keyboard shortcuts would be helpful, as I could program them into my Kensington trackball.

They're at the bottom right.

Screen Shot 2015-01-30 at 12.42.26 PM.png

Thanks for the response, but I don't see any such < & > or arrows at the bottom right. I do see a single arrowhead pointing down to the right of the box that tells you what verse you are on. But clicking that arrowhead brings up menus of Bible books only.

Enter a reference into that box. It will take you there, and then the arrows will appear allowing you to go back to the place where you were before.

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

Postscript:

I was at Ps 22 and moved to John 3 & back using the arrows.

But when I put Josephus into the box, I was informed that "the book Josephus cannot be found."

Thus it appears that these arrows have limited use.

And I am still thinking it would be nice for the auto-saved workspace history to have arrows like on a browser, perhaps at or by that triangle of arrows on top right. I mention this because it appears to me that since Accordance is keeping a record of the workplaces used, there may as well be easy access by browser type back & forth arrows, arrows always immediately available, even with some keyboard cut in addition. Maybe if command N gives a new workspace, command O could be an old workspace, though I notice that command O is already taken.

Edited by Enoch

Enoch, the GoTo box only works with the current Search text, as do the navigation arrows. The navigation arrows are also tied to the current session and tab. 

Accordance behaves as if you opened a new tab in your browser for each additional text.

Enoch, the GoTo box only works with the current Search text, as do the navigation arrows. The navigation arrows are also tied to the current session and tab. 

Accordance behaves as if you opened a new tab in your browser for each additional text.

Of course browser tabs are displayed across the top of the screen for clicking on them with an internet browser. I find it a bit of an inconvenience not to be able to navigate them by back & forth arrows, which I can do by Trackball button with my classic Kensington 11 button Trackball

But what do you think of having back & forth arrows which access the auto-saved workspaces?

Edited by Enoch

Love the old style mouse, Enoch!

I don't know about selecting auto-saved workspaces, but control+tab will cycle through tabs in the active window, if that is any help. Here's a list of other commonly used shortcuts: http://file:///Applications/Accordance%2011.app/Contents/Resources/Accordance%20Help/Default.htm#topics/10_ref/kb/navigating_wrkspcs_zones_tabs_panes.htm