6.6 font smoothing and missing instant details

justinj

The new font smoothing looks very nice. However, I noticed a problem. When font smoothing is turned on, as I move the mouse over a tagged text (specifically GNT) pretty regularly I'll hover over a word that should show instant details but no details are shown. Then I'll go to the next word and the details will show. Then I go back to the previous word that originally didn't show details and the details will show as they should. If I turn font smoothing off I do not see this problem. Has anyone else seen this problem?

Yes, Justin, I read your post and checked my NAS95S and NIV-G/K modules - they both have the same problem, displaying erratic Instant Details results. Although, strangely enough, none of my GNTs have this problem! (GNT-NA, GNT-TRS, GNTM).

I just did a bit of testing on that... I noticed something funny, too, but might be different. All my words appear, but it seems the hit-zone for the words is misplaced. Like, I was slowly moving my mouse right, and the next word would start appearing when I still had a letter or so left of the word before it. Likewise, if the word after didn't have a key#, the correct one would disappear a letter early. Could you guys check and see if this is actually your problem, or if there are 2 issues?

Yes, Joel. I can reproduce what you just explained, but not the previous problem reported by Justin and Roger.

I'm sorry guys, I can't reproduce either problem. Can you give a more specific example of what you're doing (what Bible text, what passage, have you done a search, etc.) and some information about your system (OS, hardware, memory, etc.)?

I'm using 6.6 on an iBook G4 with OSX 10.4.0 and everything works as it should.

OK, I just did it again three times. First time was with NIV-GK on top and bottom, no other panes open. I had a search for Ai up, and it happened. Then I switched to verse search, did the *, still occured, then I switched to NAS95S with * verse, and it sitll occurs. I tried taking a screenshot, but they ignored the cursor, and I don't have Snapz Pro.

My setup is Accordance 6.6 on G4 1.25 MDD tower running 10.4.1.

I am running Accordance 6.6 with OS X 10.3.9 on a PowerBook 867 with 1 GB of RAM.

The problem ONLY occurs when Text Smoothing is ON.

If the "Turn OFF text and graphics smoothing" check-box is selected, then the problem does not appear.

It makes no diference whether Silk is enabled or disabled. The problem consistently appears ONLY when Text Smothing is turned OFF in 6.6.

I'm not at home at the moment to try different scenarios, but the problem occurred when I entered "gl" to get to Galatians and then when I moved the mouse over the GNT text. The problem only occurred with font smoothing enabled. My problem is only that some words don't show instant details at all until I move the mouse down or somewhere else and then come back to the word.

I'm running OS X 10.3.9 with latest updates on a powerbook G4 with 1GB of RAM.

OK, sorry, this an intermittent bug, but we will track it down!

Please let me know if there is any way I can assist in tracking this down.

Thank you, but we already have.

One user reports that the Instant Details no longer shows the verses when the cursor is over a reference in a tool. This is a similar problem.

These seem to occur in OS 10.3 but not in Tiger, and they can be eliminated by turning off the font smoothing (but who wants to do that?). ;)

We will post a fix soon.

I've isolated the occurrence. The bug happens when the pointer is hovering over any non-tagged portion of the window. So, if you hover over a verse reference or just the margin off to the right, then the first tagged word that you move your pointer over will not display the information in the Instant Details box.

I'm on 10.3.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same intermittant font smoothing instant details problem.

This also affects option clicking on a greek or hebrew tool.

Titanium G4 400 MHz

OS 10.3.9 :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived