Psalms poetical layout

Λύχνις Δαν

Hi ya,

I am looking at Psalms 10:1-7 in Rahlfs LXX and I am puzzled over how the line breaks are produced in the text. I assume they match what Rahlfs himself did in his text but I don't have a hardcopy. I also do not have Gottingen for comparison. So here's my question and perhaps someone who has Gottingen or a print Rahlfs could comment. At 10:6 the formatting is this :

6 ἐπιβρέξει ἐπὶ ἁμαρτωλοὺς παγίδας,
πῦρ καὶ θεῖον καὶ πνεῦμα καταιγίδος ἡ μερὶς τοῦ ποτηρίου αὐτῶν.

I am interested specifically in the line break here. Is this how the print version or Gottingen break it ?

BTW, the Brenton print diglot renders the text in paragraphs not in a poetical layout like this.

Thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

Yes. And NETS follows the line break there. BTW, you can see Göttingen in its print layout here, via a public domain pdf.

Thanx Abram. Interesting. I'll have a poke about the PDF and see if there is any comment on that.

Thx

D

Hey Abram,

You don't by chance know of an English translation of that PDF do you ?

My German was never at that level and is at this time almost completely atrophied :)

Perhaps http://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=LXXG-PS-ODEShas it ?

thx

D

Edited by Daniel Semler

Sigh... I'm quite sure such a thing does not exist. John William Wevers himself made translations of much of his introductory materials to his Göttingen volumes for the Pentateuch. But I know of no such thing for the Göttingen Psalms. (The Accordance module just digitizes what's in the pdf--there are hyperlinks, of course, but no translation.)