How are we going?

Anthony Pyles

it's a bit after 8:30pm here in Brisbane. I forgot to read yesterday (already!!) but caught up and got a bit ahead just now. How are you all faring?

I love being able to read on the iPad! I do wish we had arbitrary selection for highlighting phrases, though

I did find a neat feature the rest of you probably already know about: if my top Greek tool doesn't have an entry on a given word, the instant details pulls the entry from the next tool in the list. So I have BDAG at the top and LEH next.

• Like 1

Tony, looking for arbitrary highlighting as well and hopefully it won't be long! It's supposed to be the next thing out of the shoot for IOS!

• Like 2

That's a great feature, Tony, and I used it all throughout Greek Isaiah. Why not set LEH first with BDAG second? LEH has the added advantage of giving word frequency counts, which I find very helpful.

There are a few significant "pluses" in in Psalm 1 LXX that I highlighted on my iPhone, but I had to do it word-by-word. Glad, with Bob, that 2.0 is coming--though I hope we don't have to wait much longer.

I think Accordance on iPad and iPhone is going to be my primary way of reading. I also have a triglot Psalter from Oxford (Greek, Hebrew, English), but diglots and triglots are maybe even worse "crutches" than Bible software with instant parsing! :) So I just read the Greek first in iAccord, then pull up the Hebrew for "help," and only then allow myself to look at the NETS if I need--though I'm more likely to use Instant Details popovers, which are really fast in Accordance in iOS.

• Like 1

It's going well. I'm a little ahead. Psalms 2 has blown my mind as I contemplate how the New Testament authors saw the vocab and phrases of this Psalm. I'm pretty much using Accordance to read the Psalms. I've set up a reader that highlights every word that appears in the Greek New Testament less than 20 times and every LXX word that doesn't appear in the NT. It's working well. Now, if I would only do that on my iPad.... Hint Hint Hint. :)

• Like 2

So far, so good. Haven't starting reviewing vocab yet. Want to get Mental Case on my iPad, but havent' gotten around to it yet.

I appreciated the parallel structure in Psalm 1:1 yesterday. Made use of Steven's Greek grammar today, and ran across a lemma oddity I posted about in a different thread.

Wish I had time to work through the Hebrew after doing the Greek; I'd love to compare. Some days that may be possible, but not so far. Thanks for the challenge!

• Like 2

Tony, looking for arbitrary highlighting as well and hopefully it won't be long! It's supposed to be the next thing out of the shoot for IOS!

No comment. ^_^
At all.
About anything.
  • Like 1