User Tool of Reading plan

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

I have finished the User Tool with the reading schedule. It's not visually perfect, as I didn't want to take the time necessary to tweak all the spacing issues. But it's functional. I didn't check every single link, but my strategy for getting around the problems with versification seem to have worked.

You will have to unzip the attached file in order to use it.

And Yes, Ken, you may add it to the Exchange.

Lorinda

Greek Psalms Schedule.acc7.zip

• Like 3

Thanx Lorinda - got it installed. It should help a lot.

Thx

D

Exchange anyone?

And Yes, Ken, you may add it to the Exchange.

Ah - missed that in the first post. Will get it there today. Thanks Lorinda.

No problem, Ken. I was amused. My son walked right past my car today, too. Maybe it's a trend.

I do do “boy looks” quite a lot - at least according to my sometimes frustrated better half!

(but you will be relieved to hear, I never seem to do it while I am operating on a foot, knee, hip or shoulder!)

Edited by Ken Simpson

• 4 weeks later...

I found another issue with the User Tool today: I did not adjust the versification to account for the different ways that the superscripts are handled.

Specifically, in many English translations, including the KJV (which often provides the "default" numbering in Accordance) the superscriptions are not given a verse number in print copies, and the "real" Psalm begins with verse 1. In Accordance, then, the superscriptions in these translations is given a verse number of )

For exampe, in Psalm 3 "A Psalm of David, when he fled from his son Absalom. is verse 0 in the KJV, the NRSV, and many other English translations. But it is verse 1 in the LXX and MT.

Because Accordance assumes I am using "English" versification, an entry like Psalm 3:1-9, when clicked on, will display Psalm 3:2-9 in the LXX, leaving out the superscription in LXX v1.

I will need to go through and correct all the affected entry. Not sure when I'll have time to do so (although Tuesday is likely to be a snow day around here). I'll alert everyone when I have a correct copy.

For the moment, however, there are two workarounds:

-Copy the Psalm entry from the User Tool and paste it into an LXX search box

-select the reference in the User Tool, right click/control-click/two finger click and choose "Search In" and then your LXX text of choice

Lorinda