Question about the new amplify preferences

davidmedina

In the new amplify preferences there is a check box that says"Override Key Number Dictionaries". What does this box do?

Below it has Greek Key Number and Hebrew Key Number. What should I set them to? Right now it has the same choices ate for the triple click Defaults. Should they be different?

Thanks

Edited by davidmedina

Hi David,

If you have KJV, NASB or NIV84 (perhaps others) you may recall the strong/GK numbers were tied to the specific lexicon for each text. The Mounce/Kolenberger lexicons are more extensive and up to date. By overriding you can have all Strongs/GK amplify to the Mounce/Kolenberger (or other lexicons if you enter them in the boxes in the amplify preference section).

I prefer to have the override checked personally.

Does this answer your question?

Thanks. Not sure if I am following.

For the Triple-Click Default for Greek I have Mounce Greek Dictionary and and for Hebrew I have Mounce/Kolenberger.

If I understand right, then, when I triple click those are the ones that will shows up as it was in Acc 10. Right?

What I not sure if I understand is the behavior or how it work the override.

In Acc 10, and Acc 11 if you *uncheck* the preference, each keyed text has a default, hardcoded dictionary. Most of the modern ones go to Mounce Greek and KM Hebrew (like ESVS, HCSBS, NRSVS, etc.). But, some of them have different dictionaries, such as NAS95S going to NAS Greek and NAS Hebrew, or KJVS going to Greek Strong's and Hebrew Strong's.

In Accordance 11, if you check the preference, all of the keyed texts will go to whichever greek and hebrew lexicon of your choice, selected in the menu. This has the huge advantage of being able to select a non-strong's lexicon, like BDAG, HALOT, DCH, LSJ, or others, and access it directly from a triple click on a key word. The one potential disadvantage is that you aren't going to the special resource designed for the text, so we gave the option to the user.

• Like 1

Thanks. So if the box is checked it will go to the dictionary/Lexicons selected below the check box instead of the ones selected under the Triple-Click defaults? Is that what is doing?

Is the override automatic of it is a keyboard short cut?

I am still a bit fuzzy aboyt it.

Edited by davidmedina

If the box is checked, triple clicking in a keyed text will go to the dictionaries/lexicons selected below the checkbox. If the box is not checked, triple clicking into a keyed text will go to the hardcoded, non-user definable dictionary designed for that keyed text. I don't believe there is a keyboard shortcut for this override, but I'm not exactly sure why one would want to switch back and forth so often to necessitate a keyboard shortcut.