Dropbox Sync Not Completing between two Macs in 11

Abram K-J

I can't get my two Macs (MacBook and iMac, both 2008) to sync fully via Dropbox. I am only trying to sync User Notes, User Tools, and Highlights. The Highlights are syncing fine. I'd have to double-check on User Tools, but User Notes are not syncing. There seem to be the same 4 tasks that Dropbox says it completes, but it must not really, because I have new notes from Genesis 22 on the iMac that won't show up on the MacBook, even though both are synced properly, linked properly, have been unlinked, linked back, etc.

Any ideas? Even after I sync, a second later, it tries to perform the same 4 tasks, says they're complete, but still the discrepancy in content.

In the meantime I'm using Evernote and assuming Accordance will sort out Dropbox/sync issues eventually, but wanted to ask about my particular issue--if you all have seen anything similar elsewhere, or if you need more info from me to diagnose it.

Not sure if it makes a difference, but the MacBook (which won't update to current User Notes) is on Yosemite while the iMac is still Mavericks.

Hi Abram,

First, Make sure your Preferences > Syncing settings are the same on both machines.

Usually when Dropbox fails to complete tasks it is because Accordance is having trouble updating a user note or user tool because of a name conflict. I would check for duplicate user notes or user tools in your Dropbox and your Accordance Files folder that only differ by extension. (e.g. You do not want “My Notes.acc4” and “My Notes.amynotes” in the same folder). If both exist (maybe after a problem updating your user notes) then Accordance might get confused on which one to update.

I would clean up the Dropbox folder first, quit Accordance on your MacBook, remove duplicates in Accordance Files, restart Accordance (might have to help Accordance find the appropriate module), then do a Dropbox sync. Then try a sync on your iMac.

Let us know how it goes!

Mike

Mike--thank you for the detailed reply. I appreciate it. Between .acc7 (?) and .acc4 and now the new format, it's been a lot of extension changes in one year for this user to keep track of.

The Syncing settings are the same on both machines, but I'll check out the other stuff.

Mike--that did it! Only downside is it was the least new of the two versions of the notes files that was kept as .amynotes. But it was just a week's worth of stuff, and I have it elsewhere--all seems to be okay now. Great tips, and thanks.