Scrolling issues (touchscreen/tablet)

flips

Hi!

I'm having quite a few issues with scrolling on my tablet running Win 8.1.

Parallel texts/panes. If I (using the finger) scroll one pane, f.ex. the NLT Study Bible Notes, the NLT text moves, the Notes does not.

If I then tap the Notes pane so that it becomes blue along the borders, I can scroll, as long as it does start selecting text (which happens too often), but scrolling is veeeery slow, I seem to move it only one line after another.

The only sensible way to scroll, seems to be by using the stylus at the scrollbar top/bottom ...

Another issue has been the instant details. When I change orientation, it's neat to flip it from the side to the bottom or vice versa. But when I switch it back to the side position, it fills more than half the screen (and if I quit/reenter). Then also, getting the stylus is the only way to resize the instant details box/pane.

Is any of this device specific? (I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2)

Acc 10.3.2, Lenovo Thinkpad Tablet 2, Windows 8.1 (32 bit)

Edited by flips

Scrolling works nice in Firefox, Word, Internet Explorer etc.

But in Accordance I need to tap the arrows on the scrollbars to be able to scroll through content.

(Hardly smooth with my not very small fingers ...)

Using just the finger doesn't work at all, it's totally unusable ...

Would be nice if it was two fingers for scrolling, one finger for selecting, or something like that ...

Accordance is not designed to be a touch screen app in Windows. It certainly is that on the iOS but that is a different app from Accordance on Mac. Scrolling is easy by touch there. On a Windows tablet we haven't had a chance to tackle the issues. We're still working hard to get the last few features of the Mac version working on the Windows version which was released only 6 weeks ago. I think it is amazing that it's working at all on your tablet.

Ok, I'll try to be more patient. :) Just assumed it should be smooth on a tablet, since you had this surface pro tablet contest ...

(iOS is really not an option for my tablet needs ...)

• 2 weeks later...

I installed Accordance on a Dell Venue 8 Pro, an 8-inch Windows 8.1 Intel Atom tablet. At $225, these devices are going to sell really well.

Accordance runs great and looks nice on an 8-inch screen. Navigation is pretty tricky, given that Accordance is not optimized for touch, as Helen notes.

My hope and hunch is that Accordance has an exciting future on the Windows touch interface!

Hello,

I'm using a Surface Pro 2 with the Type Cover 2 and when I try to scroll with the trackpad, both directions forces the modules to scroll forward. It seems like the only way to scroll back to a previous line is to use the side scroll bar. Any solution?

• 1 month later...

In the release notes of 10.3.4 was mentioned

• Added support for tablet gestures

Could someone try if it works now as expected? I'm interested in the experience of using Accordance on a Windows tablet.

Edited by Elijah

• 2 weeks later...

I can scroll successfully using my finger in any box. Once I tap any box, whether text or reference or notes, everything scrolls as it should.

8.1 Pro

Thinkpad Yoga

Let me know if there is anything else you would like for me to test.

It definitively works much better now! More testing to be done, but first impression is smooth scrolling, panes synced and direction not confused anymore! :)

Great job! :D:)

Edited by flips

When will you add a full screen mode (unless it's already there)? :DB)

• 2 weeks later...

One thing which doesn't work:

If I tap the module name dropdown menu to quickly select a different module in the same category, it's quite difficult to select on a touch screen, because the dropdown/pop-up menu contains lots of modules, and I haven't found a way to scroll without a keyboard or mouse with scroll wheel funtionality ...