Nrsvs and niv g/k

ukfraser

Hi

Have installed on windows and am struggling with two issues

1) on the mac I have managed to get my nrsv to be combined with nrsv2 but I can't in windows (have managed to with HMT and GNT so the combine is working. Just no combine text icon on the nrsv.

2) on my mac I have a tagged version of the NIV 87 and NIV study bible 2002 and managed to sync it to my iOS devices but not sure if it is possible to get onto my windows PC as I originally got it from the Zondervan cd! My first introduction to Accordance and I didn't miss tagged versions until I had one and now I really miss it, particularly for interlinear.

Thanks

Edited by ukfraser

Hi, ukfraser! Let me address each point:

1) The combine text button only appears if the combination is 'useful', i.e. will actually help show you verses in the new added text. So, trying to add NRSV2 to NRSV doesn't work, because the NRSV already covers a pretty full corpus, apocrypha and protestant text. The NRSV2 is some parallel texts to Esther, Daniel, and Psalms. Now, if you want the NRSV2 to actually replace the NRSV for those readings, you could always start with an NRSV2 pane and add the NRSV to it, so it fills in all the other verses that NRSV2 doesn't contain. All of this should be consistent between mac and PC.

2) Almost all items can be downloaded from our servers, even if they aren't sold anymore. If you can contact our office and prove your Zondervan CD ownership, they should be able to add the items to your online account, so you can redownload them, or add them to your PC.

Hi Joel, thanks will contact your office for NIVS and study bible.

Re NRSV and NRSV2, it is worth combining as Nrsv2 has the apocryphal texts so slot in nicely, I am assuming a bit like combining KJVS + KJVA. And have finally managed to sort it out on windows 7 so both mac and windows now working (though convinced it was easier to sort on Mac).

Thanks

Fraser

Edited by ukfraser

Are you sure about the Nrsv? I'm almost positive that the Nrsv alone has the full apocrypha, while the nrsv2 is just alternate parallel texts in Esther, Daniel, and Psalms.