Can't use accordance without internet connection

Elijah

I'm using 10.3.0 on a Windows 8 i5 machine. When I'm connected to a network (and thus internet) I can use accordance as expected, but when there is no internet connection the initial wizard appears (s. screenshot) and I only can close accordance.

post-29973-0-65054000-1380653399_thumb.png

Mine works fine without an internet connection. (Win 7). Any other users willing to disconnect and test?

I tried on two Win 8 systems, desktop & tablet. I wasn't able to reproduce the problem. Everything seems to work fine.

I disconnected on a newer HP laptop with Windows 8 and Accordance opened and worked fine.

I can't reproduce it myself now. It could be a issue with the hardware / Win 8 driver combination, because sometimes when I resume from standby my network connection is not working and I have to reboot. In that case Accordance showed the described behavior.

Update: It's definitely a driver issue with an intel onboard network interface. I could reproduce it by going to sleep mode and resuming (I normally use hibernate instead, so it didn't always happen).

The solution was to install an update by intel. I found the answer here:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/network-driver-does-not-start-after-sleep-mode/c3870b9d-c32e-419e-a6f4-d5b120a844a2

The direct link to the intel page: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&ProdId=3299&DwnldID=22026&keyword=82579v&lang=eng

General Repro: You can reproduce the accordance issue by disabling the network adapter in the device-manager window, not just disconnection from the network.

post-29973-0-06709200-1382295913_thumb.png

Edited by Elijah