Accordance and apple intelligence writing tools

A. Smith

I'm currently running the 18.1 beta of iPhone and iPadOS as well as 15.1 beta of macOS. 

Apple intelligence writing tools are currently not available in accordance. I don't know much about how UI's work, but I know that accordance uses its own 'right click menu'. But it would be fantastic if the 'writing tools' option from the typical x.1 right click menu were included in accordance. I find the proofread feature very, very, useful. 

Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 15.54.29.png

Screenshot 2024-10-21 at 15.54.46.png

Thanks! Keep me posted on how well you're enjoying Apple Intelligence. I've tested it off/on but haven't really taken a deep dive into it.

Where would you want to see these tools? When editing a User Note/User Tool?

11 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Thanks! Keep me posted on how well you're enjoying Apple Intelligence. I've tested it off/on but haven't really taken a deep dive into it.

Where would you want to see these tools? When editing a User Note/User Tool?

So far the AI is minimal but I generally like what it does, particularly with summaries and prioritizing notifications, emails, websites, etc. Oh. And the reduce notifications focus is now basically the only focus I use aside from occasional DND and sleep, of course. 

Yes. Needed chiefly when editing notes. That is the proper contextual menu, actually, not right-clicking a lexeme. That would be a silly place for the writing tools. Sorry. 

So, for the screenshot below . . . typically if I select editable text, the writing tools will show up in two ways. One as a little blue icon to the left of the selected text and one as an option on the menu. You can see them both in the second screen shot. Though the little icon doesn't show up everywhere. That may be reserved for apple apps. I haven't quite found the pattern yet, because it isn't showing in this text box though I'm in safari. See the third screenshot 

Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 08.56.04.png

Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 08.59.42.png

Screenshot 2024-10-22 at 08.58.56.png

Edited by A. Smith

By the way, this comes out for everyone Monday I think. Currently on the RC right now. 

Thanks! Are you seeing the menu item on any other third-party apps? I wonder if third-party apps have to gradually add it using an SDK/API. I can check.

Trying to see if it's one of these things that automatically happens across apps or if it's something app developers have to add to each app.

It is on third party apps. Idk how that is set up on the developer side. It’s also present in the accordance iOS app. I just noticed that.