Hebrew Assignment

Frantz Menelas

Good evening everyone,

I am asking for someone to help me with the following question please. I am having a hard time with this. Please help!

Query 4: Find all nominal clauses (clause typ = NmCl) that contain the statement "With X (any person, number, gender, proper name, noun) I am"/"I am with X  (any person, number, gender, proper name, noun)". Be aware that there are two Hebrew prepositions that carry the meaning "with" (עִם, אֵת). Homographs (e.g. אֵת and אֵת) are distinguished with "=" (e.g. >T/nota accusativi, >T==/"with"). From a syntactical perspective the statement "I am with you" would consist of the elements "Subject (Subj)/I" and "Predicate Complement (PreC)/with X". Search the entire OT. You should find 18 cases (due to an outdated WIVU database Logos has only 15 results). The motivation for the Query is Jeremiah 1:8.

Hi @Frantz Menelas,

I don't do a lot of constructs, but I can offer a few thoughts until someone else responds.

Personally, I would do two different constructs, one with עִם and one with אֵת and then combine the results. I think there is an "or" function in the construct, but I can't find it.

Also, while I don't entirely understand what you are looking for, if you can find any example in the text, select all the words in question, right click, and create a construct from there. I like this method since it sort of gives you a template which you can modify, rather than just trying to start it all from scratch. If you get a construct formula you like, you can then save it as a workspace to refer back to and edit.

I hope this helps a little until someone else can respond.

Kristin

• Like 1