Tag or Group on a List

alexisenrique

I am trying to have a list of verses with specific topic, for example when I do a search of the word "salvation" I'll get all the verses that contain the word "salvation", I would like to be able to make myself  a list of all the verses related to "salvation" even when the salvation word is not on the verse itself, but the verse is related to salvation some how, it leads to or after "salvation" (any criteria I would like to include). Do user notes will be the easy way? I am afraid the list of user notes will be too long, there is any other way to Tag/Group by an specific criteria on a list?

May I suggest a few things:

1.  Do a flex search with synonyms such as "save" or "salvation." That will produce all the instances of a word group.

2. Do a Topic search for salvation. Go to Search>Enter Topic. There you will find many passages that may not have the word salvation in them.

3. Once you have a list of passages you can select all and choose "Copy As References" and you can paste them into a User Note or User Tool for quick recall.

Don't forget when you are in a particular passage the info pane also has "Topics" in it as well.

Hope this was helpful.

For making your own list you can also type out the verses where you enter verses or words, for example Gen 1.1, 3.1, Lk 7.1... and it will show you just those verses in your Bible. THEN you can save that tab as "tab_salvation" and whenever you want to come back to that topic you can open your tab, modify the verses and save the new results. If I remember correctly you can even open other modules in the tab and save them with it, like your notes you took on the topic...

if you are only looking for a list of verses related to salvation, you might do your search and save the results to a 'reference list' and rename the list according to your topic. You can then later reopen the list and add additional verses as needed.

Thanks for the reply, but is not what I am trying to do. Reading a verse / right click / menu (have the option here to tag the verse to a word/title)

As of now reading a verse / right click /menu (options are to highlight, bookmark and user note)

I think if "My Tools" will show on the menu (right click) the a list of of all my tool will popup given the option to add it to one of them. I know that now I can reading verse / right click / menu / copy or copy as, then open my tool / edit my tool / paste.

All this on the computer (Mac in this case)

I think I understand what you are seeking now. Perhaps Stacks would be good for you. Create a new Stack and then highlight a word or a whole verse and press command-option-K to copy to the stack.