POLL: How often do you use Accordance Bible Software?

Brian K. Mitchell

POLL: How often you use Accordance Bible Software?  

38 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Please participate in this poll. Also please discuss how often you use Accordance Bible Software and why?

Edited by Brian K. Mitchell

'And why?'

My main reason is for sermon prep.

my second reason is I prefer reading on an ipad to hard copy so try to have my resources in accordance for formatting font size and the hyperlinks and the ability to search or use the index. Its great for digging and wandering off down rabbit holes when suddenly prompted by the Spirit!

my third is I have my study bibles on both phone and ipad so its so much easier to find readings and look up references when in services and home groups so dont need to take hard copy bibles with me. 

i dont have L, i have a rubbish unsearchable unsupported app for the niv cultural study bible from O and a few resources in kindle such as the works of Bede.

Edited by ukfraser

For translation work, personal Bible study, and original language study.

• Like 1

For personal Bible study, original language study, and lesson prep work.

• Like 1

For translation work and teaching.

• Like 1

Personal study/reading, Sunday School teaching prep, occasional sermon prep.

• Like 1

• Brian K. Mitchell changed the title to POLL: How often do you use Accordance Bible Software?
57 minutes ago, Ken Stockdell said:

Personal study/reading, Sunday School teaching prep, occasional sermon prep.

Essentially this.

• Like 1

If added, I would have chosen "many times every day." Why?

Personal devotions, 

Preparing Bible studies

Sermon preparation

Just to learn something new

And I would love to...

listen to the the Scriptures (could it be that there is already a module about and I don't  know about it? (shame on me then) ;-)

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Alberto Rodriguez said:

And I would love to...

listen to the the Scriptures (could it be that there is already a module about and I don't  know about it? (shame on me then) 😉

Not ideal but i use an NIV recorded by David Suchet, either as a cd ripped or as an app as there are no translations recorded in  accordance. (Would have preferred a different translation but he is a great as  narrator!)

• Like 1

95% sermon work, the rest general reading

• Like 1

Reading the Bible, studying the bible, research(various forms of literature), and sermon preparation.  

• Like 1

Bare minimum, I use Accordance daily for my daily Bible Reading plan and sometimes devotional.

During my PhD program, I used Accordance for research.

Now I still use it for ongoing research, even to look up biblical topics that interest me. 

If I start teaching, I'll use it for lesson prep.

• Like 1

Accordance has taken over from Bibleworks as my primary reference tool for original language work in Hebrew Bible, New Testament, and related Jewish and Christian texts. I use it extensively every day, most often to consult lexica; instant details, live click, and triple click, are also essential. For quick searches I often still default to Bibleworks, but I'm not sure I would have switched to Accordance if it were not for Accordance's ability to do construct searches.

• Like 1

Daily multiple times for devotion, inductive Bible study, teaching, sermon preparation, research, and reading

• Like 1

For sermon prep, Bible study prep, and to create Scripture inserts for worship. Sometimes to create maps for worship. 

• Like 2

@Alberto Rodriguez and @TyreeWD3 and @dmiller  I have added a multiple/many times a day option to the Poll

9 hours ago, Brian K. Mitchell said:

@Alberto Rodriguez and @TyreeWD3 and @dmiller  I have added a multiple/many times a day option to the Poll

That would have been my option if it had been available. I am spending 3-4 hours/day with it, on average.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mike Atnip said:

That would have been my option if it had been available. I am spending 3-4 hours/day with it, on average.

No problem! I change the first the first option on the poll to: I use Accordance at least once a day and/or multiple times a day

For coursework preparation, for sermon and class preparation, for translation work, for personal study, and for research

• Like 1

On 7/30/2024 at 9:16 AM, MacMan said:

For coursework preparation, for sermon and class preparation, for translation work, for personal study, and for research

Same here. I.e., just about anything that has to do with Scripture or theology!