Crash report

Mike Atnip

I had opened a footnote in the text browser. It would not shut down; when I scrolled, it crashed. I have had very few crashes lately.

Accordance Aleph 14.0.9 (14.0.9.0)
Windows 11 (10.0.22631)
RAM: 20448MB free of 32724MB total
Disc: 812GB free of 1907GB total

Exception Description:
  EAccessViolation: Access violation
Exception Thread:
  1-1-17720: Main Thread
Exception Backtrace:
  $00477C93
  $004BBCC6
  $004B00DC
  $004E39BD
  $004E6238
  $004E4345
  $763D36D3
  $763C44E6
  $763C2DA5
  $763C28F0
  $00404615
  $00404772

Do you know what particular footnote and what translation in the Text Browser?

Ex. 6:3 NET2, last footnote (#9). It hasn't crashed yet this morning, but the footnote will not close. Interestingly, it is still on the screen when I put my Firefox browser up to respond. See screenshots.

Screenshot 2024-07-26 075132.jpg

Screenshot 2024-07-26 075300.jpg

If you want to post your workspace, I can test this once my Windows PC is back up. It's down at the moment. Having to recover some stuff on it.

My PC is back, so I can test this once I have your workspace.

I don't know how to "post a workspace," other then give the screenshot like I did. It seems to be that one footnote. I cant get the same response out of others; I just tried about 10 other footnotes and they worked normally. If you cannot reproduce it, I can tinker around more to see what triggers the problem. May be a unique workspace combination, perhaps.

If you go to your Accordance Files folder and copy your workspace file and compress it as a ZIP, it could either upload here, or you could email it to me (let me know if you need my email). I'd start with your exact workspace, then try it in a fresh one and see if I can figure out what's causing it.

Any additional test you run would be great as well.

Here is the workspace, but obviously you are not going to have my note files. But I don't think that is the problem.

I have tinkered with it this morning, and it is NOT a specific footnote problem.

If I long click a footnote in the text browser to open a footnote, then scroll in the bottom panes below to get to the next verse (NOT use the navigation click, I have to scroll) while the footnote is open, that footnote will not close. It happens in two different workspaces, and with several different Bible versions. If I open the same footnote with a long click in the bottom panes, it disappears when I scroll down a verse.

So, it seems to be a bug in the text browser window, not a particular note or module.

Repeat how to find the bug: Long click a footnote in text browser, leave the note open, then scroll in the bottom pane to the next verse. The footnote is stuck open until the program shuts down. It does not always crash, but I just had it crash the second time.

2024-07-28 09:32:40

Accordance has encountered an unhandled exception.
The information in this file may help us fix this problem for a future version.

You can report this error by posting this file on our forums at:
https://forums.accordancebible.com/forum/81-bug-swatters-windows/
Or emailing it to support@accordancebible.com
We hope to implement automatic error reporting soon.

Accordance Aleph 14.0.9 (14.0.9.0)
Windows 11 (10.0.22631)
RAM: 19279MB free of 32724MB total
Disc: 806GB free of 1907GB total

Exception Description:
  EAccessViolation: Access violation
Exception Thread:
  1-1-21924: Main Thread
Exception Backtrace:
  $00477C93
  $004BBCC6
  $004B00DC
  $004E39BD
  $004E6238
  $004E4345
  $763D36D3
  $763C44E6
  $763C2DA5
  $763C28F0
  $00404615
  $00404772

OT reading.accord

I was studying and found I can get three notes to stay open without crashing. 🙂

Screenshot 2024-07-28 104911.jpg

Thanks! I'll test it this week on my Windows PC and report back.

I just checked in the newest release and it still does the same thing.

I also checked on my other Windows machine and it does it there as well. Microsoft Surface Studio 2 with Windows 11, and Microsoft Surface Pro 7+ with Windows 11.

Thanks! I'm having issues reproducing it, but since you can, I'd recommend emailing Tech Support. Maybe someone in the office can reproduce it for you and file the bug report.

Just curious if the workspace I sent you has the text browser linked to the texts so that when you long click a footnote, then drop down to the texts and scroll at least one verse, the text browser scrolls also ... and the footnote will not close.
I don't know how much the workspace file will replicate all those linking details. You have to scroll in the texts, not the text browser. Kind of a rare move, but it does happen occasionally or I would have never stumbled on to it.

Here is a screen capture video in case that helps. I will also send it to tech support. Once that note is there, it will stay in that window until Accordance is shut down or crashes. In a few cases, it crashes, but I do not know exactly what move is needed to make it crash.

Thanks! I had issues getting the linking to work, but maybe I was doing something wrong.