CNTTS Apparatus and Corrections

Dr. Nathan Parker

The CNTTS does directly handle the corrections for the CNTTS Apparatus. However, Accordance customers should still submit corrections concerning the 3rd Edition of the CNTTS Apparatus to Accordance using the Report Corrections feature inside Accordance or to corrections@accordancebible.com. We will then forward them onto CNTTS.

The 3rd Edition is the latest edition of the CNTTS Apparatus and already contains many corrections from the First and Revised editions. Customers still using previous editions will be receiving an email from our sales team coming up with a special opportunity to upgrade to the 3rd Edition to ensure all of our customers are on the latest edition of the CNTTS apparatus.

I have also invited the CNTTS apparatus team to join the forums, should any of them wish to, in the event they wish to provide future info on major updates to the CNTTS apparatus, or they are welcome to guest blog for us as well. We appreciate the fine work this team does to produce the gold standard in NT apparatuses.

• Like 6

10 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

The 3rd Edition is the latest edition of the CNTTS Apparatus and already contains many corrections from the First and Revised editions

...And also contains some important new silly mistakes that don't even make sense, showing the low quality of proofing that went into this third edition. I personally do not recommend updating from the 2nd to the 3rd edition. See below for details:

In any event, I will report such issues to corrections@accordance whenever I see more issues.

Edited by Accordance Enthusiast
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the feedback!

I believe you can have multiple editions of the CNTTS Apparatus in your library, so I'd recommend upgrading to the 3rd Edition once the upgrade campaign email is released to ensure you have the version that'll be receiving the latest updates moving forward. Also use that version to send us any feedback.

In the meantime, if you need something from your older version while we incorporate content into the 3rd Edition, continue to run it on the side.

• Like 2

I definitely would like to see Accordance get the updated apparatus. One of the accepted corrections was submitted by me.

CNTTS is releasing all updates to the 3rd Edition, so if you have the third edition, the update should appear in it once they add it in.

On 7/31/2024 at 4:13 PM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

CNTTS is releasing all updates to the 3rd Edition, so if you have the third edition, the update should appear in it once they add it in.

Is there a version of CNTTS other than this one for Accordance?

CNTTS APPARATUS REVISED

The Center for New Testament Textual Studies NT Critical Apparatus (revised edition) (CNTTS Revised)

© 2014 by the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary

Accordance edition hypertexted and formatted by OakTree Software, Inc.

Version 1.5

10 minutes ago, miketisdell said:

Is there a version of CNTTS other than this one for Accordance?

CNTTS APPARATUS REVISED

The Center for New Testament Textual Studies NT Critical Apparatus (revised edition) (CNTTS Revised)

© 2014 by the New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary

Accordance edition hypertexted and formatted by OakTree Software, Inc.

Version 1.5

I found the upgrade on the Accordance site and on sale but there is no way for me to purchase it i.e. no button to purchase even though I have the CNTTS revised in my library. 

image.thumb.png.a989f2904b77c8c77b58c9b3b56d6cd7.png

Edited by miketisdell

1 hour ago, miketisdell said:

I found the upgrade on the Accordance site and on sale but there is no way for me to purchase it i.e. no button to purchase even though I have the CNTTS revised in my library. 

@miketisdell just to let you know after reading your post I check I logged into the Accordance store and I am getting the same screen you got. There no purchase button on the upgrade page for me either. And, I also own a the Revised version. So, there must be some issue with the online store.

Screenshot2024-08-03at13_40_19.thumb.png.2b69035f80b93c2c1814699536d5e8e9.png

Screenshot2024-08-03at13_29_06.thumb.png.966bdc4cf12cc0d71937d820c31af716.png

Third Edition is our latest edition. Revised was the "second edition". Email orders@accordancebible.com and Jay, Michele, or Steve can process your upgrade order. Some of them we've had to process manually, but we're trying to get everyone on the "Third Edition".

There are three editions of CNTTS we've released:

• Original/First Edition
  • "Revised"/Second Edition
  • Third Edition

Third Edition is getting all the latest updates at the moment. CNTTS may also blog about it coming up.

On 7/23/2024 at 9:03 AM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Customers still using previous editions will be receiving an email from our sales team coming up with a special opportunity to upgrade to the 3rd Edition to ensure all of our customers are on the latest edition of the CNTTS apparatus.

🙂👍

Emailing support worked for me. 

On 7/31/2024 at 6:13 PM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

@Dr. Nathan Parker, any idea on the ETA of updates? I have not seen updates of any of my modules for many moons.

I spoke with CNTTS, and they've mentioned something about guest blogging for us or guest posting for us on the forums with an update on the CNTTS. If they do coming up, hopefully that'll include some possible ETAs.

• Like 1

@Dr. Nathan Parker

There are only three ratings of this module, two of which are negative (one star): https://www.accordancebible.com/product/cntts-nt-critical-apparatus-3/

That and the issues reported on the Forum might motivate CNTTS to act sooner rather than later. They need to give folks reasons to invest in their apparatus. Delays in making corrections that have been submitted does not inspire confidence.

4 minutes ago, Michael J. Bolesta said:

There are only three ratings of this module, two of which are negative (one star): https://www.accordancebible.com/product/cntts-nt-critical-apparatus-3/

However, the two negative ratings are by the same user.

CNTTS handles all updates directly, then I believe pushes the updated module for us to deliver over Easy Install.

We still collect all the feedback and push it onto CNTTS. We're sending them the latest round of feedback that customers have sent in.

By the way, all customers who want to upgrade to the 3rd Edition, please email our sales team, and they will process it manually for you. We are processing all of those orders manually, as stated in the email that we sent out to customers.

7 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

I spoke with CNTTS, and they've mentioned something about guest blogging for us or guest posting for us on the forums with an update on the CNTTS.

Really!? That sounds cool!