lexeme duplication error?

A. Smith

I noticed for the first time today (and I may have missed it before) that κἀμοὶ in Luke 1.3 is duplicated in the GNT syntax module. However, I am running macOS 15 beta. I don't see how that would create this error, but who knows. Maybe someone else on a fully deployed OS can confirm this as an error? 

Screenshot 2024-07-19 at 09.29.29.png

Hi @A. Smith. I can confirm this duplication exists in Windows 10, Accordance 13.3.4, GNT28-T.syntax 4.1. However, it also shows up in the GNT-T.diagram module (version 6.7):

luke-1-3-syntax.thumb.png.ca0347aac1ef766e5123b0879f071485.png

I'm by no means an expert here, but is it possible two entries are present because κἀμοὶ is a crasis? If you look at the other four occurrences of this word in the GNT (John 17.6; Acts 8.19; 10.28; 1Cor 15.8), the same duplicate entry shows up in both the syntax and diagram modules.

• Like 1

I can confirm this as well. I looks like it is directly connected to how Accordance grammatically tagged each token of κἀγώ and its inflections (κἀγώ, κἀμέ, and κἀμοί).

• Like 1

Someone can report this to Corrections, and we'll look into it. Thanks for letting us know!

2 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Someone can report this to Corrections, and we'll look into it. Thanks for letting us know!

I'll do that. Just wanted to confirm it is, in fact, an error.

4 hours ago, Steven S said:

Hi @A. Smith. I can confirm this duplication exists in Windows 10, Accordance 13.3.4, GNT28-T.syntax 4.1. However, it also shows up in the GNT-T.diagram module (version 6.7):

luke-1-3-syntax.thumb.png.ca0347aac1ef766e5123b0879f071485.png

I'm by no means an expert here, but is it possible two entries are present because κἀμοὶ is a crasis? If you look at the other four occurrences of this word in the GNT (John 17.6; Acts 8.19; 10.28; 1Cor 15.8), the same duplicate entry shows up in both the syntax and diagram modules.

Yeah. I think so. @darrylmy suggested the same thing. Makes sense to me. Nonetheless, it shouldn't be displayed this way. 

• Like 1

I believe it is an error, so I'd definitely recommend reporting it. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!