Interlinear without the word order change?

bnelso48

Is there a way to add an interlinear, so that it does NOT re-order the Hebrew words underneath the English version to fit the English word order? In other words it just puts the Hebrew text underneath the English text, verse by verse.

It would look like:

1st verse in English Version

1st verse in Hebrew text underneath it

2nd verse in English Version

2nd verse in Hebrew text underneath it

"

" (so on until the end of the book)

Thank you,

Brian

4 hours ago, bnelso48 said:

Is there a way to add an interlinear, so that it does NOT re-order the Hebrew words underneath the English version to fit the English word order? In other words it just puts the Hebrew text underneath the English text, verse by verse.

It would look like:

1st verse in English Version

1st verse in Hebrew text underneath it

2nd verse in English Version

2nd verse in Hebrew text underneath it

"

" (so on until the end of the book)

Thank you,

Brian

@bnelso48,

I am not sure if this is the most optimized way to do this, but if you right click a verse and go "Look up -> Text Browser," then you can look at the Hebrew verse right under the English depending on what order you have your texts in "Library." In the example below, I have BHS, NETS (English translation of LXX), and Bishop's Bible all next to each other. From there, you can analyze multiple verses at once by adjusting the "Verses" Pull-down tab in the image, or click next verse at the bottom of the window (not included in screenshot).

Let me know if this is what you're looking for or not. I'm assuming you want more than just a parallel BHS text on the side or underneath but verse by verse analysis so I believe this is the best way to do so.

Edit: I see this was kind of already answered the same way here:

Did that not suffice?

Best,

Caleb W

Screenshot 2024-07-15 at 4.51.34 PM.png

Edited by Caleb Wachsmuth
  • Like 1

I'm also looking to print them for my own individual reading. I'm one of those people who always prefers reading over a screen.

I was unable to do what you did above. I don't know why I'm having trouble doing it, but even if I do, I don't know if I'd be able to print it out.

Unfortunately the web site has been changed and there used to be a 'for bible works users' switch video on the home page which would have shown you how to do what you want rather than sales of packages.

i cant find the actual resource but try here but it might not be the video i was after. (Im struggling with their on line support pages and search in the web site.)

https://www.accordancebible.com/videos/#quick

and scroll down to bibleworks users. There used to be a really good video which sort of shows what you want as it was a bibleworks user request. 
 you should be able to just show an english and a hebrew text.

i think the feature actually showed every text you own  lined up under each other for easy translation comparison. 

an ex bibleworks user may be more help. 

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/15/2024 at 8:26 PM, bnelso48 said:

I'm also looking to print them for my own individual reading. I'm one of those people who always prefers reading over a screen.

I was unable to do what you did above. I don't know why I'm having trouble doing it, but even if I do, I don't know if I'd be able to print it out.

It seems like you can print it out if you just hit command+P on that page. What issue are you have replicating my instructions? You may have to create a custom bible group to simplify it as well.