Accordance Programming Update

Dr. Nathan Parker

Here's the latest announcement from our programmers:

During the development/testing of Accordance 14.1 we have been fixing 14.0.9 issues that have been reported. We hope to release 14.0.10 to beta testers very soon to track/fix 14.0.9 issues in parallel with 14.1 development. 

Once we have release notes about specific bugs that 14.0.10 will address, we will post them.

Our programmers will also provide updates on syncing, so I will defer to them to share their updates directly. I will say that from my personal observations and interactions with our programming time, I am very excited and pleased with what I have seen with syncing, and I eagerly anticipate the day we can deliver it into your hands to use. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 5

Relieved to read this and the other posts just letting us know that things are being worked on more than just from one person. I truly like Accordance software, and do not want to use, learn, or invest in another program. I look forward to seeing releases in the future. (That is not said to imply a rush, I truly look forward to seeing the updates roll out when they are ready.)

• Like 2

I guess what really is concerning, is the huge push and constant communication of sales, but the silence on the programming end of things. So while I’m relieved to hear this, I’m still having trouble of letting go of doubt, until I actually see progress made. I do like Accordance, but faith in it’s leadership and direction is slim to none until actual program progress is seen. Which has been largely absent thus far.

To succinctly state this:

Their ability to market a product has notably increased, their ability to develop the program has seemingly decreased.

That is what I have noticed, and is my concern.

Edited by Shane R.
Succinct statement added for clarity and conciseness.
  • Like 4

One thing to keep in mind is that the people who communicate marketing and the people who communicate programming are two different teams (although sometimes we in marketing will function as a "front line communicator" for updates from programming).

It's easier for us over in marketing to work on new and regular sales than being knee-deep in programming, whereas programmers want to ensure they have something ready to show before they make it public. They're working hard to deliver updates, and they'll communicate when they have an opportunity and are ready to provide an update. 

I'm about to get my hands into some module development code, so I'll have a chance to experience some of the development process myself at least from module development.

I have a word for Accordance management.

You'd need less marketing if you had more...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Daniel L said:

I have a word for Accordance management.

Not firing the qualified ones they had probably would have been a good first step. 

44 minutes ago, Kristin said:

Not firing the qualified ones they had probably would have been a good first step. 

I could be wrong but I’m not aware of any terminations. They left of their own will. 

1 hour ago, A. Smith said:

I could be wrong but I’m not aware of any terminations. They left of their own will. 

Hi @A. Smith

From what I have been told, there had been. However, qualified people leaving on their own doesn't exactly boost confidence either. In any case, I think we can agree they need more developers, and hopefully Accordance agrees.

• Like 2