Copy as Citation

Ryan Gustason

Posted (edited)

I've noticed when using Copy As, Citation... that it does not put a space between the number and text of a book. Example: 1Corinthians, 2Samuel, etc... instead of 1 Samuel, 2 Corinthians. Just a minor inconvenience I thought I'd pass along.

I'm on Version 14.0.9 using Sonoma 14.5 

Edited by Ryan Gustason

This is a puzzle. I also have Accordance 14.0.9 on Sonoma 14.5, but when I copy a Biblical text as citation or Bibliography I always get the space between the number and book name. I have tried changing different options in the text display and citation settings, but I am unable to create something like 1John--I always get 1 John and such.

--Joseph the puzzled

Posted (edited)

It occurred to me that you may be referring to the "Content Reference" part of the text rather than the actual citation or bibliography itself. In the citation section of Accordance settings, the top right hand portion is titled "Content References." If you have the "Show as:" portion set to 'Before Verse' you will see the book name giving the behavior you described--but the citation at the end of the copied section will have the spacing behavior you request. For this reason, I do not include the book name in the "Content Reference." Set the content reference to "Show as: Omit Book Name Only" and you will get something like this:

29:23   Then Solomon sat on the throne of the LORD as king in place of David his father. And he prospered, and all Israel obeyed him. 29:24 All the leaders and the mighty men, and also all the sons of King David, pledged their allegiance to King Solomon. 29:25 And the LORD made Solomon very great in the sight of all Israel and bestowed on him such royal majesty as had not been on any king before him in Israel.

(1 Chr. 29:23-25 ESV)

I had forgotten this little annoyance I resolved in the above manner MANY years ago. ;)

Hoping the meets your needs,

--Joseph

Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 1.18.45 PM.png

Edited by Solly
Added Settings Citation screenshot

Yes, my options are as below: 

Which produces this:

1   Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1John 4:1-2 KJV

Screenshot 2024-07-09 at 1.26.05 PM.png

Oh, this is a good puzzle! I made my settings match yours and I get what you desire. This is indeed perplexing.

--Joseph the perplexed

1   Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

1 John 4:1-2 KJV

Let me know if I need to test anything.