Product Spotlight: Atlas Comparison

Dr. Nathan Parker

Here's a good Atlas Comparison.

One that is missing in the list is the Atlas of Christian History.

In that series is also the Atlas of the Biblical World which Accordance does not have.

Yes, I co-authored it, so there is self-interest, but I also think it would be a worthy addition to Accordance.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mgvh said:

In that series is also the Atlas of the Biblical World which Accordance does not have.

I own this on Kindle and agree it would be a great addition to Accordance.

atlas-of-the-biblical-world-1.thumb.png.3a73231a271cc15e3b92155807d3983d.png

atlas-of-the-biblical-world-2.thumb.png.813244e99db3a4294c8646e94a48d4bc.png

• Like 3

Post the second as a module request for sure.

On the first @Sean Nelson could add it to the page sometime. Thanks!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Post the second as a module request for sure.

@Dr. Nathan Parker, this one has been requested a couple of times in the past:

• Thanks 1

Thanks! I'll make sure it gets shared with the team as a reminder.

Posted (edited)

Sean, in addition, the holman charts volume and the zondervan atlas are both listed but the really excellent Holman bible atlas which has some of the best cartography and layout has also been omitted and in my opinion should be listed near the top as it currently sets the bar very high as it can be used on all platforms while the accordance product isnt available on mobile devices yet. (Just compare the additional useful information in the colourful screenshot from the holman atlas below to the one one the holman charts product page and the more pastel zondervan one also below and you will see why the holman atlas is far more useful and superior!)

https://www.accordancebible.com/product/holman-bible-atlas-a-complete-guide-to-the-expansive-geography-of-biblical-history/

and developing on Mark's comment

you are also missing the excellent, though very focussed, atlas of the reformation which is also in the series that sets the cartograpgphy to new heights while having an excellent format for the text and I think this should also be included. 

https://www.accordancebible.com/product/atlas-of-the-european-reformations/

Ps, while I really value having sacred bridge in my library, I dont find it as easy to use as the Holman as an atlas when looking for maps, i tend to use it more as an encyclopaedia for its excellent textural content!

3E671921-CE21-49D0-8257-45382F2467F6.png

689562E9-738C-41FB-A598-37677702F04C.png

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1