Anything like the old powerbook g4 keyboard?

That powerbook keyboard is still the best keyboard I've put my fingers to. From the key travel and mix of mushy-clickiness to the scalloped key caps. Just love it. Is there anything similar to that in external keyboards?

Edited by A. Smith

I don't know the answer to that question, but I have to agree that that was a great keyboard.

The PowerBook G4 Keyboard was hands down the BEST computer keyboard I've ever used on a desktop or notebook, period.

It was such a joy to use. 

Far superior to anything Apple has designed since then, and far more rock-solid and reliable. Have had issues with multiple MacBook Pro keyboards over the years, but my PowerBook keyboard never gave me trouble.

I've never seen anything like it.

I wanted to soup up an old PowerBook just to enjoy the keyboard and the durability of the system, but the OS was really too old to do anything decent, and I couldn't get Linux booted on it.

Side question: Anyone used mechanical keyboards? Wondering if they're worth the hype.

5 hours ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Side question: Anyone used mechanical keyboards? Wondering if they're worth the hype.

I am using an old "daskeyboard" in my office, and yes, it is worth the hype. Very precise and accurate typing is possible, and it has a couple of shortcut keys that I find useful, as well as a wheel for controlling volume. Mine is big, and it is tethered, so I have constructed a drawer under my desk to keep the cable and keyboard out of sight when not in use.

Good to know. Been debating whether to get one. I have a very heavy type, so I'm a bit rough on keyboards.