Amplifying Cross References

RayRobinson

Just did a webinar (thanks Accordance for running them) and discovered you can highlight cross references and automatically they appear in full in a parallel pane. 

Great feature!

Nathan Parker explained that it can be a bit fiddly to make happen and suggested I should have; In Settings/Amplify the 'open verse hyperlinks in text tab' selected for it to work. (Which I did have selected) but still found it flakey. He also had trouble making it happen and suggested his mouse was sticking.

I discovered with some experimentation it works every time if you do it quickly, but you have to be very quick. Otherwise it just thinks you want to highlight the references. Also it doesn't work if words that are not bible references are highlighted in your haste to select the texts.

Not sure if this is a feature or a bug and I'm wondering if it could be made a more robust feature. 

It also works in other modules, not just cross references as long as it's only bible references selected. 

I know I can mouse over refs and get instant details but it's useful to have all the references in full in front of me at times.

As a workaround with cross references I know I can cut and past them into a search window and get the same result, but the one click and drag is great for workflow.

Furthermore, to be able to click and drag in a commentary and getting all the references in say a paragraph that you highlight appear in a side pane would be most helpful for comparison, rather than having to mouse over each of them. (this of course would necessitate the software ignoring the words in the paragraph.)

I would suggest a simple caps lock or shift click and drag to initiate the feature would be simple and fool proof. Rather than the current speed contest.

Thanks for listening.

R

• Like 1

I'll file it as a Feature Request. Thanks for sharing!