Apple Pencil Hover doesn’t align correctly

David Garrison

The best way to explain this is to see the attached pic.  In short, when hovering the Apple Pencil over a link, the grey highlight doesn’t map correctly.  And frankly, it’s all over the place.  Scroll the text a little bit, and the hover highlight shows up in (an apparently) random new location.

The blue highlight was from hovering over the ESV text, and those highlights follow the pencil correctly. But, hover over a verse or textual note, and the grey highlight once again shows up in the wrong place.

11” M4 iPad Pro, using a Pencil Pro.  Most recent iPadOS and Accordance versions.

Edited to add: No, the problem isn’t that I’m using my iPad upside down.  I don’t know why the picture flipped when I attached it.  It shows correctly in my devices. 🤷‍♂️

IMG_4652.jpeg

Edited by David Garrison

Thanks! I don't have this iPad model to test it on. Anyone else can test and confirm this?

• 1 month later...

I see the same thing on my same setup.  

I noticed that hover in the ESVS text itself seems to work correctly (it follows the word I hover over and highlights the interlinear beneath it). Hovering over a verse reference does not do anything.

However when I hover over words in a linked study bible (JPS Study Bible in this case as I do not have the ESVS Study bible) then hovering over links causes a grey highlight to appear someplace else in the text just as @David Garrisonnoted. 

FWIW I am running the latest iPadOS 18 Public Beta.

• Like 1