How to add lexicon in same window?

Martin456

Hello,

How do I add a hebrew lexicon on the right side of the same window?

If I triple-click a word or search dictionary, it opens in a new tab. I'm not sure why as in the videos I watched it seemed to open as a zone in the same window. Am I missing something in the settings?

I also tried the 'Add Parallel' button but it does not include lexicons as they are not organised by chapter and verse.

The 'Instant Details' is not ideal as it defaults to I think Strongs? I have to hold CTRL to get my preferred lexicon, but then I can't scroll to see more of the lexicon entry.

The 'Live Click' is not ideal as it does not default to my preferred lexicon, and I have to click to the entry I want each time, unless perhaps I set up a custom group with only the main lexicon I want?

Is there a simple way of adding a new zone within the same tab? I would like to just have the lexicon next to my hebrew text (BHS-T), so when I click on a word it jumps to the relevant entry.

Thanks

your accordance settings (preferences) under Amplify is where triple click defaults are set.  

2 hours ago, mbcvida said:

your accordance settings (preferences) under Amplify is where triple click defaults are set.  

Yes I have HALOT selected there, so it defaults to that for triple click, but the problem is it opens in a new tab.

Turn on Window Recycling (it's the little recycling arrow icon on the toolbar) of HALOT. Then when you triple-click, it'll go to where you have HALOT in your workspace and not open a new tab.

I need to do a QuickTip video on it. It's a great overlooked feature.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Turn on Window Recycling

Hi Nathan,

If you turn on Recycling, it recycles your content (which is normally not good) and doesn't change the layout. 

To clarify, I'd like to add a zone on the right side with HALOT lexicon, where the red arrow is pointing. But I don't know how to do that.

Thanks

Accordanceexample.thumb.png.7c210a9deeec3d8fb3637f32af392c40.png

Thanks for the clarification. If HALOT opens in a tab behind your Bible, you can click and drag it to the right so it appears in a second Zone to the right of your Bible.

You cannot add it as a Parallel Pane to the Zone your Bible is in. That is for commentaries, study Bibles, and other modules tagged by verses. That is by design.

@Martin456

Check the following settings:

Workspaces > Workspace Settings > … then make sure that Default maximum zones is set to more than "1" (judging by your screenshot, 3–5 may work for you)

Amplify > Amplify Settings: > Other >… then make sure that "Confine amplify to the same workspace" box is selected (if you are working with multiple workspaces)

This should help you achieve what you want.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Thanks for the clarification. If HALOT opens in a tab behind your Bible, you can click and drag it to the right so it appears in a second Zone to the right of your Bible.

You cannot add it as a Parallel Pane to the Zone your Bible is in. That is for commentaries, study Bibles, and other modules tagged by verses. That is by design.

Thank you! That did it. I thought I was missing something 'obvious'. 

I hadn't realised I could drag the new tab down and to the right to create a new zone. I had to be on my Bible tab in order to drag the other tab into it.

Thank you for the 'recycle' tip too for the HALOT zone. That allows me to triple-click or use Look-Up without it opening a new HALOT tab in that zone every time.

This would be great info to have somewhere for beginners, unless I just missed it.

Thanks again, it is all working correctly now.

Accordancefixed.thumb.png.1117d909a66cd064b1d9dccbe06643cb.png

Edited by Martin456

Just to correct something from my original post. It is in fact possible to scroll the Instant Details window in a way, by holding CTRL and long-clicking a word to get a pop-up. I'm finding this may be the more accurate way to do a lexicon look-up for my BHS-T Bible, because it always goes to the correct word form, perhaps because of the key numbers(?). Triple-clicking, on the other hand, can bring up multiple similar/related forms in some cases (each highlighted in red), and I have to figure out and scroll to the relevant entry.

Apologies if this is old news to more experienced users.

Don't forget Live Click. :-) I have a QuickTip video on it on our YouTube channel.

I'll be producing some QuickTip videos this week. I'll use some of this to whip up some goodies.