Searching the words of Jesus

Richard Hexter

I am wanting to look for the word “be.”  The range I want is the things Jesus said. The red letter stuff.  In looking at Scope I did not see a range that separated out His spoke words.  Did I miss it or is it in some other search tool or is searching just the red words not an option, yet. 

In the search I wanted to include all the red letter quotations of Jesus not just the gospels.

Spoiler alert, I am not a scholar of any sort just a retired chef and interested follower; trying to search out His various commands including those that don’t say command as in “Do not BE anxious” “don’t BE like them.”  

I look forward to learning how to do this.

Thanks,
Richard

Some of your post was cut off. That happened to another user on here once as well. Can you re-post?

I am wanting to look for the word “be.”  The range I want is the things Jesus said.

The red letter stuff.  In looking at Scope I did not see a range that separated out His spoke words. 

Did I miss it or is it in some other search tool or is searching just the red words not an option, yet. 

In the search I wanted to include all the red letter quotations of Jesus not just the gospels.

Spoiler alert, I am not a scholar of any sort just a retired chef and interested follower;

trying to search out His various commands including those that don’t say command as in “Do not BE anxious” “don’t BE like them.” 

I look forward to learning how to do this.

Thanks,

Richard

Hi @Richard Hexter. Please see the following thread, which describes a few ways that you can restrict your search to a subset of disparate verses (in this case, those verses that one believes contain the words of Jesus):