Counting roots?

miketisdell

Is there anyway to find roots that occur only once? 
I can find words that occur only once but many of them come from the same root and that root occurs many times. For example, הרון occurs only once but the root appears 64 times. 

Posted (edited)

I’m not at my computer, but try…

+*@[COUNT 1]

Edited by Ken Simpson

On 5/17/2024 at 4:56 PM, Ken Simpson said:

I’m not at my computer, but try…

+*@[COUNT 1]

That was my first try, but it did not work. 

+*@[COUNT 1] and *@[COUNT 1] return same results in this instance. (Usually the + does indicate a ROOT search)

But if use Analysis in the Analytics tool, you can set your display so that it only displays LEXEME. You should also check the box for Show root with LEX.

The results are going to depend on how roots are defined and what you regard as a root.

@miketisdell Did @mgvh's post answer your question?

@mgvh is right! The + makes no difference. That's what Microsoft used to call an "undocumented feature" (bug) in my opinion.

On 5/22/2024 at 12:43 PM, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

@miketisdell Did @mgvh's post answer your question?

@mgvh got the same results I did. I had not checked the analysis but it doesn't help much i.e. it lists separate lines for each lexeme (many of which contain the same root) but it doesn't give me a count of roots. Additionally, roots will often not be listed together in the list as prefixes can change the location of a root in a list. 

Let me give you an example: If I search for: לחם+, I get the following:

image.thumb.png.cf331fc0a35343b82557a97694b32ec6.png

And if I add the @[count 1] I still get two results. However, I really would like to have this root excluded because it contains 777 results rather than just 1.