Creating tagged Bible for import

SJLumby

I’ve successfully created a basic txt file for importing Hebrew Bible text. I would like to find out how to insert the necessary ‘codes’ into the txt file for import by which, when I hover over a word on-screen, it links to the correct entry in a relevant Bible Dictionary. The tagged Gk Bibles do this by offering a hot-link to Strong’s from within the pop-up. The tagged Hb Bibles have the pop-up but the Hxxx are not hot linked.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Posted (edited)

User bibles don’t have that facility unfortunately. 

however, I’m not sure what exactly you mean when you say “The tagged Hb Bibles have the pop-up but the Hxxx are not hot linked.”

The tagged Hebrew bibles (HMT-W4, BHS-T) should work exactly the same as the Greek Bibles. 

if they aren’t it might be best to reach out to support (support [at] accordancebible etc etc] and see if there’s a problem with your setup.

oh, have you checked the settings for amplify in preferences? Make sure a Hebrew lexicon is selected and a Hebrew key number dictionary is set (I override mine, and set Kohlenberger/Mounce as my Heb key number dictionary)

Edited by Ken Simpson

As @Ken Simpson said, User Bibles don't support tagging. I will be working on Bible projects coming up, so if there's something you have that we can consider professionally developing, give me a holler.

11 hours ago, SJLumby said:

when I hover over a word on-screen, it links to the correct entry in a relevant Bible Dictionary. The tagged Gk Bibles do this by offering a hot-link to Strong’s from within the pop-up. The tagged Hb Bibles have the pop-up but the Hxxx are not hot linked.

Thanks to @Ken Simpson for alerting me to a lack of understanding under which I was operating (I was mixing up two separate issues).

I’m in the latest iOS Acc app on my iPad.

On the second issue, Ken, in response to my quote (above) that confused you, I’ve done as you suggest and gone into “amplify” the better to understand what I’m talking about. So here is my less confused (?) clarification. In the two screenshots attached I’ve highlighted the matter of ‘hovering’ and ‘hot-links’. The settings cause NIDOTTE and NIDNTTE to pop-up in a window when I highlight a Hb/Gk word. In NIDNTTE you can see the hot-link to Strong’s (I’ve circled it). But in the NIDOTTE the Hxxx number is not a hot-link (encircled). Having the hot link option in the NIDNTTE is very handy.

Could the NIDOTTE be made to do the same, @Dr. Nathan Parker, please?

Thanks

Simon

IMG_3002.jpeg

IMG_3003.jpeg

Aha! Now I understand. Yes! You are correct! In the NIDOTTE module, none of the KEY numbers are coded as key numbers.

I completely agree this would be an excellent addition!

Indeed. I'll get this filed. 

• Like 1