A mystery purchase installation

Larry Wing

I took advantage of the email offering Edersheim resources. A couple of the free and a couple of the paid. I received confirmation.. What's odd is that today I was going to install on my notebook and checked Easy Install and Updates but nothing showed up in either category. I then went to my Library and they were there. I checked my order history and the only place Edersheim shows up is in these recent purchases. How can the installation happen?  Any way to confirm the download date looking at the book?

A similar thing happened to me yesterday. I took advantage of all 6 (3 free, 3 paid) but I was unable to do easy install since all 6 were magically installed already!

same here

I thought it was just me.  I see it wasn't.  The same thing happened to me yesterday.

The freebies were in easy install on my ipad, waiting, but when installed,  i found them at the top of my library folders but im sure that previously easy install put things at the bottom of the respective folder. 

Are you all still having issues with this?

23 minutes ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

Are you all still having issues with this?

This only happened on purchased (and free) books. Can't say if ii's an ongoing issue.

Thanks for the update!

This is the second time this happened. Oct 2023 I bought CBL and it appeared in my library and I didn't do the easy install.

Wow.

Wouldn't it be nice if this was an unannounced version of the new sync? :)

Yes it would! Extremely anxious!!

Same here. Purchase the free material and they were in my library automatically 

These were items you didn't already own, correct?

26 minutes ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

In my case that would be correct!

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, Dr. Nathan Parker said:

That is correct. At least I couldn’t find in order history. 

also today I found the 4 were on my iPhone but I did not use Easy Install. 

Edited by Larry Wing

Hmmm, let me ask our programmers about this during our next meeting. This is definitely interesting!

18 hours ago, Larry Wing said:

also today I found the 4 were on my iPhone but I did not use Easy Install. 

Mine were in easy install on both ipad and iphone and not automatically installed. 

Just checked my iPad and they were not installed. I have to use Easy Install. 

On 5/2/2024 at 1:55 PM, Larry Wing said:

Any way to confirm the download date looking at the book?

Inside your Accordance Preferences folder (e.g. on Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/ ) there is a 'Module Log' file that  should log Module installation/delete events. You could check there to see if it was installed recently, etc.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mike Garrity said:

Inside your Accordance Preferences folder (e.g. on Mac: ~/Library/Preferences/Accordance Preferences/ ) there is a 'Module Log' file that  should log Module installation/delete events. You could check there to see if it was installed recently, etc.

Thank you. I looked at it and the resources along with a lot of others are shown under a 2020 date for a Schaff installation. Maybe I did already have them but didn't see them in my order history and when ordering there was no warning I already owned them.  While there are dates each installation listed does not have it's own date so I don't rally know now if I already had them based on this file.

When I saw those "free" offerings, I just happened to review my own resources. Behold, I already owned them. This has happened to me more than once. Just saying.

I was wondering if this might be the case where it was modules some customers already owned, but the free offerings might have been showing "unowned" when "purchasing" them from the store.

Could they also have been included in packages I may have bought over the years?

They could, then when we pulled out these for free giveaways, somehow the website didn't see they were in an older package you owned.